For all the Bob Dylan fans with deep pockets: here’s your chance to nab a slice of history.
An historically significant guitar from the collection of Bob Dylan is about to be auctioned. The bidding will start at 300k.
The Martin acoustic comes with its fair share of historical provenance. It featured heavily in his sets from the late 60s to the mid 70s, including the George Harrison’s Concert for Bangladesh.
At a starting price of $300,000 though, only the most elite of collectors be battling it out for the guitar.
According to the current owner Larry Cragg, who was Dylan’s guitar repairman and who bought it for $500, “It has the same bridge pins, everything is just like it was when he had it: same case and everything, just like it was 40 years ago”.
So, if you’re planning to inherit a substantial amount of cash in the next few days, head on over to Heritage Auctions and get yourself a piece of history.
Via Music Radar.
- Bob Dylan’s Fender Telecaster from the “Electric” Tour is Up for Sale The 1965 Fender Telecaster that achieved undying infamy when Bob Dylan went "electric" is set to go under the hammer.
Bob Dylan's "electric" tour was one of the most […]
- The Guitar Played by George Harrison at the Beatles’ Last Cavern Club Gig is Up for Sale The guitar played by George Harrison at The Beatles' last ever gig at Cavern Club is set to go under the hammer. It's expected to fetch somewhere £300 - 400,000, which is roughly […]
- Fender Announce Four New Signature Models For George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, Ed O’Brien and Justin Meldal–Johnsen Fender have been very busy over the past week. Just a few days ago, ahead of the 2017 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, they announced their brand new Brad Paisley Signature […]
- Gibson set to Release a Chris Cornell Tribute Guitar Guitar giants Gibson have announced that they will be launching a limited edition guitar, paying tribute to Chris Cornell. He was the lead singer of the iconic Seattle grunge band, […]
- How Dick Dale Teamed Up with Fender to Create a Sound Like No Other Dick Dale, who was most famous for pioneering surf rock, has died at the age of 81. He had a unique approach to guitar technique and paved the way for sonic innovators of the […]
- Fender and Supreme Release a New Stratocaster Supreme, the New York based streetwear brand has teamed up with Fender on a new Stratocaster.
In an unlikely match-up, Fender and Supreme have collaborated on an all-white […]