Audio software developers Obelisk have created Frozen Plains, a harmonising VST plugin.
Need help creating harmonies? Obelisk by Frozen Plains have delivered a musically innovative tool for creating chords from MIDI notes.
Sometimes it’s easy to get lost when trying to create harmonies for a melody. Other times, it can be difficult to contrive an interesting way to create harmonic context for a tune. Obelisk takes the parameters that are set by the user and outputs harmonic information to any instrument that can accept MIDI.
So with this capability and customisation, it’s definitely a tool that can be utilised by musicians that are adept at music theory, or those wishing to augment the depth of their compositions. Keys, chords and scales can all be limited to provide the right atmosphere for any piece of music.
Obelisk is now available on Mac and PC. Beware that it is a VST so it won’t be usable on all DAWs.
Check out the Frozen Plains website for more details.
- Know Your Maker: 5 Albums Recorded Exclusively On Korg Synths A recent study proved that playing with fewer toys led to improved focus and heightened creativity. Admittedly, that study was conducted on toddlers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't […]
- Brass, Double Bass, and Breaching New Atmospheres: Gear Talk With Twin Haus Twin Haus have never been ones to hold back from pushing themselves to penetrate new creative realms, and their latest project is a testament to this will.
The Brisbane four-piece craft […]
- Explore iZotope’s Hidden Wonder: Pro Audio Essentials Plugin maestros iZotope have enjoyed a long established reputation for excellent software suites (focusing on music production, mastering and audio restoration in particular). Pro Audio […]
- Ellistronics Deliver a Sleek Rework of Their Ellitone Synth First released in August last year, Ellistronics Ellitone, made its way into synth lovers hearts with its charming aesthetic. This fun little digital synthesiser invites experimentation […]
- KORG Unveils the Gadget 2 DAW for iOS, Mac and PC KORG has just launched Gadget 2, the latest version of their mobile and desktop DAW. The music production hub features 40 instruments, with Windows users being invited to the party for the […]
- When Too Many Voices is Not Enough: XiLS-lab drop PolyM, a Faithful Virtual Recreation of the Polymoog The PolyM has just been announced by developers XiLS-lab and promises to deliver a faithful homage to the Polymoog in virtual instrument form.
XiLS-lab have just dropped PolyM - a […]