NuDrum, from developer Nicola Bombaci, is an online drum machine, with sounds not unlike many others. What sets it apart however, is that it gives you the ability to create organised chaos in the form of polyrhythmic and polymetric grooves.
Try out the free, online drum machine, Nudrum. It dishes up classic tones, plus you can create fresh polymetric and polyrhythmic beats with ease.
The interface will be familiar to anyone who has experienced an XOX style step sequencer (but even if you’re not, it’s easy to understand).
Clicking on the “Edit” button at the end of each instrument track opens the beat subdivisions -“beat” and the all important “offset”. This control allows you to delete steps and created rhythms that slide out of sync with those on other tracks.
Try out NuDrum here.
- Engineering the Sound: Sleater-Kinney’s ‘The Woods’ “We [were] sick of people feeling they know who we are and what we’re capable of” - guitarist/vocalist of Sleater-Kinney, Carrie Brownstein.
The seventh album from Sleater-Kinney, The […]
- Tape Warmth and Oscillating Delay: Pedal Talk With The Jim Mitchells Last year, The Jim Mitchells came out of nowhere and dropped Planet Absorbed, a flawless 6-track EP full of snappy, whacked-out garage psych tunes.
From the twangy madness of the EP's […]
- Burls Art is Back with a Guitar Made Completely from Resin Burls Art has returned with yet another piece of guitar art. In the past, he's tackled guitar builds with pencils, foam and even candy. His latest project is relatively conventional by his […]
- The World’s First Electro Mechanical Synth – the Motor Synth Gamechanger Audio has developed the world's first electro-mechanical desktop synth. They're calling it the Motor Synth and they're launching an indiegogo campaign to fund its […]
- Audio-Technica’s ATH-M60x Headphones are an Essential Home Studio Buy Somewhat of an older, more studio-savvy brother to the ever popular M50x, not long ago Audio-Technica released the ATH-M60x, their new pair of monitor headphones.
At $299 it's not the […]
- Blackstar Launches Studio 10 Series Combo Amps Blackstar has launched a new line of combo amplifiers which aim to replicate the simplicity and thick valve tones offered by classic amplifiers from the US and UK. Created with the purist […]