Tannoy, a brand synonymous with excellence in monitoring has just announced the release of the TM1 – a large diaphragm studio condenser microphone.
The Tannoy TM1 promises to be a high quality all rounder, suitable for capturing a range of sounds.
In the past, Tannoy created ribbon microphones but the English company became famous for their loudspeakers (and are championed by mixing legend Andrew Scheps), but they’re bound to make a splash with their first ever condenser design.
The TM1 has a large-diaphragm design, with an aesthetic reminiscent of a Neumann U-87 and hopes to achieve a similar degree of versatility. It features a one-inch gold-plated diaphragm and the heavy duty shock mount is a welcome touch.
The TM1 is slated for release in August/September and should come in at $150, a very competitive price for a mic of this quality.
Visit Tannoy website for more details.
- From Smooth to Savage: the Story of the Coles 4038 Like other studio classics we've come to know and love, the Coles 4038 was born out of practicality. Commissioned by the BBC for broadcasting purposes in the 1950s, the microphone was […]
- Pocket Power: Unlocking The Noisemaking Power of the Critter and Guitari Pocket Piano The Pocket Piano from Brooklyn manufacturers Critter and Guitari is representative of cost-effective yet boutique-styled noisemaking gear. It makes sense: instruments that sound great, are […]
- Michael Stavrou’s Favourite Mics of All Time (so far) 1/5 Neumann fet U47
Stav: More versatile than its valve counterpart and better bang for a buck. It's soft middle, clear top end, and extra bass rounds everything out and makes it sound […]
- ‘Alexa, Teach Me Piano,’ New Roland Keyboard Comes with Alexa Skill Voice Control If you didn't have a reason to buy an Amazon Alexa before, you might now... maybe. Roland has announced that they are working on a modified version of Alexa for their new 88 key variant of […]
- Creating Sounds with Shapes: Meet the Nylon Soft Synth German software startup, Wave Casual, have debuted their first instrument - Nylon. It's a geometry-based synth that encourages the spirit of exploration.
Nylon is the debut instrument […]
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]