Tannoy, a brand synonymous with excellence in monitoring has just announced the release of the TM1 – a large diaphragm studio condenser microphone.
The Tannoy TM1 promises to be a high quality all rounder, suitable for capturing a range of sounds.
In the past, Tannoy created ribbon microphones but the English company became famous for their loudspeakers (and are championed by mixing legend Andrew Scheps), but they’re bound to make a splash with their first ever condenser design.
The TM1 has a large-diaphragm design, with an aesthetic reminiscent of a Neumann U-87 and hopes to achieve a similar degree of versatility. It features a one-inch gold-plated diaphragm and the heavy duty shock mount is a welcome touch.
The TM1 is slated for release in August/September and should come in at $150, a very competitive price for a mic of this quality.
Visit Tannoy website for more details.
- Audio-Technica Releases New High End Condenser Microphone: the AT5047 Audio-Technica have added the AT5047 model to their range of 50 series condensers.
A studio all-rounder with true quality and innovative design: the AT5047 is the new flagship condenser […]
- Neumann Enters New Territory with the NDH 20 Studio Headphone Microphone legends Neumann have specialised in making high end studio mics for decades, until recently turning their attention to monitors. Now they have gone one step further, unveiling […]
- Podcasting Essentials: the RØDECaster Pro, Pod Mic and Wireless GO There’s no denying the splash that podcasting has made in the media landscape in recent years. Yes, people have been telling their stories on the radio for a century now, but podcasting […]
- The Sony C-800G – the Recording Enigma that Achieved Immortality Like few other pieces of studio gear, microphones tend to fall into a strict hierarchy. There are the indestructible staples - the Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD 421, AKG D112, BeyerDynamic […]
- RØDE Announce the NT-SF1 Surround Sound Microphone For All Your 360 Audio Needs RØDE have just announced the imminent release of the NT-SF1 surround sound microphone, which captures audio in a 360-degree field.
Meeting the need to capture ambisonic audio, […]
- Royer’s R-10 Delivers a High Quality Ribbon Sound on a Budget Californian ribbon mic specialists Royer have just revealed a new model: the R-10.
We always look forward to a new mic from Royer. The R-10 promises to offer the realism and […]