Northern Borders is a new plugin by Sample Science that uses a wide array of organic and analogue samples to create sounds inspired by Scottish electronic duo Boards of Canada.
Northern Boarders by Sample Science is a diverse sample engine that uses four retro layers to produce sounds reminiscent of Boards of Canada.
The new plugin features a wide array of “organic, electro-acoustic and analogue synthesiser sounds” making Northern Boarders a very quirky and immersive sampling machine. Each has been multi-sampled allowing for playability over a wide span of notes.
Northern Boarders uses 42 sounds in total, most of which are recorded from modular synths, vintage radios, tape decks, and old video equipment. Many of these are inspired by the sounds used by Boards of Canada, such as a Rotgbiv bass, electric pianos, and the various glockenspiel-like tones.
Each sound can be modified and layered via four engines – ‘Main Oscillators’, ‘Field Recordings’, ‘Surface Noises’, ‘Analog Noises’ as well as ‘Transient’ and ‘Artifacts Effects’.
If you’re a fan of Warp Records sound and ambient electronic music, Northern Boarders is a must-have sample engine for your production.
Head over to Sample Science’s website for more information
- The Motor Synth has Demolished its Crowdfunding Target A month ago, we brought news of the Motor Synth - the world's first electro-mechanical desktop synth. We were excited - and as the crowdfunding evidence suggests - so was everyone […]
- Fender Launches the Jaguar Strat into the Parallel Universe Series Fender's Parallel Universe series guitars are a bunch of weird mix-ups that should have only existed in another dimension - until now. The 2018 Limited Edition Jaguar Strat is a […]
- Sony’s New GTK-PG10 Speakers Come With Inbuilt Cupholders It's summertime, there's no doubt about that. A time for soaking up the rays and having friends around for a BBQ, some drinks and a bit of music. But have you ever felt that there's […]
- Unlock the Sound of the ’80s with the Deckard’s Voice Module With the increased popularity of Eurorack in the past couple of years, it's no surprise that most synthesizer companies want to get their hands on a piece of the modular pie. As a result, […]
- A Guide to Creating Your Own Flavours with Custom Sampler Instruments Are you a musician, producer or composer? Great, so is everyone else. But before you push off on a raft built with the wreckage of your future aspirations, there’s a technique that may […]
- Watch a Video of a Synth Being Created from Leaves Ever strolled through the garden and thought "how can I turn these leaves into a synth?" Well, me neither. But someone has, and he's has shown us how he pulled it off.