Northern Borders is a new plugin by Sample Science that uses a wide array of organic and analogue samples to create sounds inspired by Scottish electronic duo Boards of Canada.
Northern Boarders by Sample Science is a diverse sample engine that uses four retro layers to produce sounds reminiscent of Boards of Canada.
The new plugin features a wide array of “organic, electro-acoustic and analogue synthesiser sounds” making Northern Boarders a very quirky and immersive sampling machine. Each has been multi-sampled allowing for playability over a wide span of notes.
Northern Boarders uses 42 sounds in total, most of which are recorded from modular synths, vintage radios, tape decks, and old video equipment. Many of these are inspired by the sounds used by Boards of Canada, such as a Rotgbiv bass, electric pianos, and the various glockenspiel-like tones.
Each sound can be modified and layered via four engines – ‘Main Oscillators’, ‘Field Recordings’, ‘Surface Noises’, ‘Analog Noises’ as well as ‘Transient’ and ‘Artifacts Effects’.
If you’re a fan of Warp Records sound and ambient electronic music, Northern Boarders is a must-have sample engine for your production.
Head over to Sample Science’s website for more information
- Thom Yorke Reflects on Writing the Suspiria Soundtrack You might think that there's nothing left for Thom Yorke to do in the music game. Yet, composing a soundtrack was one of the mountains he'd yet to climb. Recently, he reflected on writing […]
- iZotope Launches the Neutron 3 Mixing Plugin Suite iZotope has just launched Neutron 3. It's a set of plugins that aims to bring your mixing workflow into the 21st century, with six modules and a host of new features.
Neutron 3 is the […]
- The Nord Stage 2: A Powerful and Inspiring Songwriting Tool for a Plethora of Genres While there certainly have been some extraordinary keyboards released over the last couple of decades, if you’ve ever glimpsed the distinct red colour of a Nord on stage, you should expect […]
- The Sound of Everything: Empress Reveals the Zoia Pedal Which Allows Infinite Creative Possibilites Since the mid-noughties, Empress Effects have forged a stellar reputation through stompbox innovation. With the Zoia, they've shattered the mould, creating a modular product with a matrix […]
- An Icon Reborn: Vox Launches the AC30S1 Guitar Amplifier Vox has debuted the AC30S1 guitar amp, which is based on the chimey Top Boost channel of the inimitable AC30. It presents the new amp in a simplified format, dispensing with multiple […]
- Edit Korg Volca FM and Yamaha DX7 Patches Online with Synthmata Synthmata is the brainchild of Alex Caithness and it allows you to edit patches for the Yamaha DX7 and Korg Volca FM in your internet browser.
Synthmata provides a clean and […]