Northern Borders is a new plugin by Sample Science that uses a wide array of organic and analogue samples to create sounds inspired by Scottish electronic duo Boards of Canada.
Northern Boarders by Sample Science is a diverse sample engine that uses four retro layers to produce sounds reminiscent of Boards of Canada.
The new plugin features a wide array of “organic, electro-acoustic and analogue synthesiser sounds” making Northern Boarders a very quirky and immersive sampling machine. Each has been multi-sampled allowing for playability over a wide span of notes.
Northern Boarders uses 42 sounds in total, most of which are recorded from modular synths, vintage radios, tape decks, and old video equipment. Many of these are inspired by the sounds used by Boards of Canada, such as a Rotgbiv bass, electric pianos, and the various glockenspiel-like tones.
Each sound can be modified and layered via four engines – ‘Main Oscillators’, ‘Field Recordings’, ‘Surface Noises’, ‘Analog Noises’ as well as ‘Transient’ and ‘Artifacts Effects’.
If you’re a fan of Warp Records sound and ambient electronic music, Northern Boarders is a must-have sample engine for your production.
Head over to Sample Science’s website for more information
- Audient Debuts the Nero Desktop Monitor Controller Audient has announced the launch of the Nero monitor controller. It promises to be the central nervous system of your studio, offering myriad routing options, for a number of scenarios. […]
- Explore the Incredible Soundtrack to the New Apollo 11 Documentary "Apollo 11" is a new documentary which features previously unseen footage of NASA's first successful moon landing in 1969.
It's soundtrack, composed by Matt Morton, features a […]
- Walrus Audio Unveils the DEFCON 4 Pedal, Designed by Ryan Adams Walrus Audio have just announced the imminent release of the DEFCON 4 - which delivers preamp, EQ and boost functions in one pedal. It was designed in collaboration with Ryan […]
- How Music Theory is Relevant to the Modern Producer Being a studious musician isn’t especially sexy in this day and age. Still, it's undeniable that those with solid knowledge of music theory have an edge as composers – the more you […]
- Coming Soon: Dreadbox and Polyend are Set to Release the Medusa Analog Monosynth On their Facebook page, Dreadbox have teased a photo of the new Medusa synth, with the enigmatic caption, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."
Dreadbox and Polyend […]
- Isotonik Creates A Suite Of Arcade-Inspired Ableton Live Plugins Including Pac-Man And Asteroids Some naysayers out there would argue that Ableton Live plugins are getting out of hand. I'm not one of those naysayers. Of course I want arcade games on my launchpad, why the hell wouldn't […]