Audio-Technica has released the ATH-DSR9BT, powered by Pure Digital Drive technology.
Want to keep your audio entirely in the digital domain? The new headphones from Audio-Technica promises a clean signal path to your ears.
Pure Digital Drive replaces the traditional digital to analog converter with a specially designed chipset, keeping the signal digital from the source to the headphones’ drivers. D/A converters can be subject to distortion and other irregularities in the process, Pure Digital Drive claims to eliminate such impurities by avoiding the conversion stage.
The drivers are triggered by digital pulses which then emits the soundwaves to be heard by the listener. The sonic performance is further enhanced by acoustic dampening to create a natural, flat response across the whole frequency spectrum.
Connection-wise the ATH-DSR9BT supports 48k/24bit Bluetooth transmission and also ships with a USB cable for hi-res audio playback from digital devices and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 15 hours.
Visit Audio-Techica’s website for details.
- Does Bluetooth Have a Future in Pro Audio? As long as there have been recording studios, there have been lengths of cable. One might assume that the two are virtually inseparable, audio signals have to travel through something […]
- Audio-Technica Set the Wireless Benchmark With New ATH-S200BT Headphones Audio-Technica have just launched their brand new ATH-S200BT on-ear wireless headphones.
Audio-Technica are nothing less than pioneers in the field of sound tech, creating benchmark […]
- Good Things in Small Packages: 5 Ultra-Famous Tracks Recorded On a microKORG In absence of concrete sales figures, most of the synth-savvy world assumes the microKORG is the best-selling machine out there. Ever. Since it hit the market in 2002 Korg's baby has […]
- Planeta’s ‘Drops: Rhythm Garden’, a Virtual Reality Percussion Instrument Bored of traditional drum machines? Try using marbles... in virtual reality. 'Drops' is a new system from Planeta, a multimedia studio focussed on virtual and augmented reality […]
- Audio-Technica’s ATH-M60x Headphones are an Essential Home Studio Buy Somewhat of an older, more studio-savvy brother to the ever popular M50x, not long ago Audio-Technica released the ATH-M60x, their new pair of monitor headphones.
At $299 it's not the […]
- Engineering the Sound: Wu-Tang Clan’s ‘Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)’ With the golden age of hip-hop in full swing, 1993 saw the release of three landmark albums in the thriving genre. West-Coast hip-hop was dominating the airwaves and G-Funk was emerging as […]