Sure it’s a bit of a facetious headline, but in the workflow of the modern media composer, or music producer, track counts can really add up. Though there have always been workarounds, involving bouncing stems and freezing virtual instrument tracks, being able to run ever expanding sessions with maximum flexibility has always been a challenge.
With the latest update of Logic, there is now support for a 1,000 audio tracks and 1,000 virtual instruments, four times the previous capability.
Need more tracks? Logic has got ’em. With up to a thousand tracks each of audio and software instruments, the DAWs new mixer is virtually endless.
The new Logic Pro X software is officially version 10.4.5. And though point updates are typically incremental, this new supercharged capability seems to be designed to work hand-in-glove with the new Mac Pro (there’s no use having a 2,000 track session if you don’t have the horsepower to run it).
As well as the added grunt, the loop browser can filter by loop type. There’s also the redesigned DeEsser 2 plugin, offering up deeper sibilance compression. MIDI beat clocks can be sent to individual ports with unique settings like plug in delay compensation.
For more info, head over to Apple.
- No More Jacks: Heritage Audio Announces BT-500 Bluetooth Streaming Module Integrating bluetooth devices into a recording or mixing workflow has long since been on the mind of studio professionals. Enter Heritage Audio, who have created the BT-500 module, which […]
- Get Your Spook On With This Rendition of John Carpenters ‘Halloween’ Theme Performed on an OP-1 In the spirit of the Halloween season, Tribrix has put a cover of John Carpenter's Halloween Theme, performed on Teenage Engineering's OP-1.
The Halloween Theme by John Carpenter has […]
- Another Surprise from the Behringer Labs? It Looks Like a Roland Jupiter 8 Clone Could be in the Works A mysterious photo has emerged from the offices of Behringer. If it's true to form, a Roland Jupiter 8 clone could be on the agenda for Behringer's engineers.
Another surprise […]
- sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs Unveil the Uncompromising RNT Tube Condenser Mic sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs have teamed up to deliver a special package: the RNT multi-pattern condenser.
A modern take on vintage tube technology and sound: the RNT […]
- Bondi Effects Unleashes the Very Retro Art Van Delay Pedal With a housing that screams vintage, and a name that references Seinfeld, Australia's own Bondi Effects have created a very quirky little delay pedal. The Art Van Delay tips its hat to the […]
- A Guide To Getting The Most Out of Your Bass When Recording Bass is often mysterious, yet always influential in any given piece of music. Locking in with the rhythmic elements of an arrangement, underpinning the harmonic movements, as well as […]