Sure it’s a bit of a facetious headline, but in the workflow of the modern media composer, or music producer, track counts can really add up. Though there have always been workarounds, involving bouncing stems and freezing virtual instrument tracks, being able to run ever expanding sessions with maximum flexibility has always been a challenge.
With the latest update of Logic, there is now support for a 1,000 audio tracks and 1,000 virtual instruments, four times the previous capability.
Need more tracks? Logic has got ’em. With up to a thousand tracks each of audio and software instruments, the DAWs new mixer is virtually endless.
The new Logic Pro X software is officially version 10.4.5. And though point updates are typically incremental, this new supercharged capability seems to be designed to work hand-in-glove with the new Mac Pro (there’s no use having a 2,000 track session if you don’t have the horsepower to run it).
As well as the added grunt, the loop browser can filter by loop type. There’s also the redesigned DeEsser 2 plugin, offering up deeper sibilance compression. MIDI beat clocks can be sent to individual ports with unique settings like plug in delay compensation.
For more info, head over to Apple.
- MixChecker Pro is a Tool for Analysing Mixes Across a Range of Platforms MixChecker Pro has set out to solve the eternal mix conundrum: how well does my mix translate on different systems? Audified's plugin allow you to hear how your mix will sound on a phone, […]
- Getting choppy with the Soundtoys Tremolator Since emerging on the software scene, Soundtoys have been creating sonically fresh and mind-bending sound processing tools for DAW based recording. The company has steadily built a world […]
- IK Multimedia Unveils Syntronik Deluxe Featuring Five New Instruments IK Multimedia's hot streak of software releases continues with the introduction of Syntronik Deluxe, a new expansion on their suite of virtual synths.
Five of the best: […]
- Did the MacBook Pro Get Even More Pro? Apple's MacBook Pro has long been a go to for music producers in the studio and on the go. Now the tech monolith has debuted the latest range with first ever eight core version of the […]
- Presonus Unveils Upgrade to their DAW – Studio One 4.5 Presonus has launched the latest incarnation of their DAW. Studio One has reached version 4.5 and boasts more than 70 new improvements, working from a robust, customer-curated […]
- Steinberg Announces Cubase 10, So What’s New? Steinberg has announced the latest version of their long-running DAW, Cubase 10. The release covers three versions, Elements, Artist and Pro, with each offering new creative features to […]