5/5 Shure SM57
The Telecaster of microphones, everyone has got one because you need to have one (or 6). The guy just gets the job done on loud sounds. Hands down the most used mic in the history of ever.
Name: Shure SM57 | Year Introduced: 1965 | Type: Dynamic | Pattern: Cardioid
Nathan Sheehy is one of the most ambitious young producers working in Australia right now. He cut his teeth working in some of the best studios in the country alongside some equally brilliant producers. With an ear constantly on the ground for the best up and coming acts, Sheehy finds his work getting spun constantly on triple J and community stations like FBi and 4zzz.
Sheehy’s producer credit list is constantly growing and his skills as a mix engineer are increasingly sought after. He is currently working in Jungle Studios and A-Sharp in Sydney and his credits include work with Dune Rats, Bluejuice, Creo, Little May and The Vanns. We’re always excited to see what Nathan does next and, as BC from Dune Rats astutely says, “we put our money on him being the hottest shit for years to come.” Too right.
- Andrei Eremin’s Favourite Mics of All Time 1/5 Manley Gold Reference
Andrei: A year ago I found myself without a dedicated vocal mic after going solo in my studio space. Prior to that I’d worked with a few outstanding vintage […]
- Listen to a Alternate Soundtrack for David Lynch’s Eraserhead Eraserhead, David Lynch's first feature film was released in 1977. An unnerving, surrealist horror film - the type that maybe only Lynch could conjure - is fertile ground for musical […]
- Battle of Tones Between iPad and Hardware Versions of the Korg ARP Odyssey In a series of videos from Marcus Padrini, the Korg ARP Odyssey is compared with its iPad clone, the Arp Odyssei.
If you need a detailed comparison between a Korg Arp Odyssey […]
- Unlock the Sound of the ’80s with the Deckard’s Voice Module With the increased popularity of Eurorack in the past couple of years, it's no surprise that most synthesizer companies want to get their hands on a piece of the modular pie. As a result, […]
- Overloud Unveil The Echoson, a Plugin Paying Tribute to the Legendary Binson Echorec If you're a fan of David Gilmour's haunting echo sound, this one's for you.
Overloud have just released Echoson, a plugin faithfully recreating the sounds of the legendary Binson […]
- Take Your Recording Session to the Park with Roland’s New Go Mixer Pro Roland has raised the bar with smart phone friendly mixing, with the release of the Go Mixer Pro.
Bring the Studio with you, Roland's new Go Mixer Pro gives you the ability to mix […]