5/5 Shure SM57
The Telecaster of microphones, everyone has got one because you need to have one (or 6). The guy just gets the job done on loud sounds. Hands down the most used mic in the history of ever.
Name: Shure SM57 | Year Introduced: 1965 | Type: Dynamic | Pattern: Cardioid
Nathan Sheehy is one of the most ambitious young producers working in Australia right now. He cut his teeth working in some of the best studios in the country alongside some equally brilliant producers. With an ear constantly on the ground for the best up and coming acts, Sheehy finds his work getting spun constantly on triple J and community stations like FBi and 4zzz.
Sheehy’s producer credit list is constantly growing and his skills as a mix engineer are increasingly sought after. He is currently working in Jungle Studios and A-Sharp in Sydney and his credits include work with Dune Rats, Bluejuice, Creo, Little May and The Vanns. We’re always excited to see what Nathan does next and, as BC from Dune Rats astutely says, “we put our money on him being the hottest shit for years to come.” Too right.
- Andrei Eremin’s Favourite Mics of All Time 1/5 Manley Gold Reference
Andrei: A year ago I found myself without a dedicated vocal mic after going solo in my studio space. Prior to that I’d worked with a few outstanding vintage […]
- Flexibility and Character: Audient’s Sono Puts Guitarists First If you had to rank the must have items in a modern studio, an audio interface would have to placed somewhere close to the top. Playing a crucial role in converting analog signal into those […]
- Welcome to the New Head of the Family, the Moog Matriarch
Introducing the Moog Matriarch, your new favourite semi-modular analogue synth. The Matriarch takes the basic principles and setup of the popular Grandmother synth, however, it has four […]
- The Godzilla Electric Guitar Unleashes Your Inner Beast Few monsters have taken hold in our collective imagination like Godzilla. Fortunately, ESP and Japanese rock legend, Takamizawa Toshihiko have made the connection between this legendary […]
- Turn Microsoft Excel Into a Sequencer With Excel MIDI Have you ever wanted to sequence lead lines with your tax return? No? Well, anyway now you can. Excel MIDI is the new program you never knew you needed and as its name suggests, it turns […]
- Billy Corgan Reunited With Long Lost ‘Gish’ Era Strat In an odd twist of fate, Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has been reunited with his Stratocaster that was lost 27 years ago. Corgan has stated that the handpainted guitar was […]