The MXR Carbon Copy is one of the most coveted and best-selling delay pedals of all time. Its awesome analogue sound and easy functionality have made it a classic, and this year it celebrates its first decade. To mark the milestone, MXR has released the Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Edition.
MXR hasn’t really reinvented the wheel for their Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Edition, but it might be a case of ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’.
For the Carbon Copy’s 10th anniversary edition, MXR has given the classic delay a sleek metallic finish and a lighter aluminium body, but other than that, there isn’t anything different. The new Carbon Copy uses the same bucket brigade analogue circuit as it always has and perhaps MXR’s simply believes, ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’.
The Carbon Copy has the same old knobs for ‘Mix’, ‘Regeneration’ and ‘Delay’, with a ‘Mod’ or modulation switch, which adds a tape-like wow and flutter to the sound. Luckily, it seems that most online retailers are listing the birthday edition at the same price as the original.
For more information check out the MXR website.
- Maxon Announces 40th Anniversary OD808 Overdrive In 1979 a Japanese electronics engineer by the name of Susumu Tamura created an overdrive that was set to compete with the current ringleader, the Boss OD-1. In doing so, he created one of […]
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]
- Ibanez Announces Two New Tube Screamer Pedals The Ibanez Tube Screamer has been the last word in overdrive for decades. To celebrate its 40th birthday, two new versions of the pedal are emerging. One, a limited edition ruby red remake […]
- TC Electronic Unveils the June-60 Analog Chorus Pedal June-60 - sounds familiar, right? No you're not mistaken. This pedal from TC Electronic is of course, an authentic recreation of a chorus from the synth that left an indelible imprint on […]
- Fulltone Launches a Limited Edition Black Finish OCD Drive Pedal Since its release in 2004, the Fulltone OCD has been the go-to overdrive stompbox for guitarists the world over. Now it's been given a fresh makeover, featuring a limited edition all-black […]
- The Supro Delay is a Premium All Analog Echo Machine The Supro Delay is a new analog echo stompbox that uses new MN 3005 bucket brigade chips, providing everything from tight slapback to spacious echoes.
The Supro Delay is a new […]