The MXR Carbon Copy is one of the most coveted and best-selling delay pedals of all time. Its awesome analogue sound and easy functionality have made it a classic, and this year it celebrates its first decade. To mark the milestone, MXR has released the Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Edition.
MXR hasn’t really reinvented the wheel for their Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Edition, but it might be a case of ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’.
For the Carbon Copy’s 10th anniversary edition, MXR has given the classic delay a sleek metallic finish and a lighter aluminium body, but other than that, there isn’t anything different. The new Carbon Copy uses the same bucket brigade analogue circuit as it always has and perhaps MXR’s simply believes, ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’.
The Carbon Copy has the same old knobs for ‘Mix’, ‘Regeneration’ and ‘Delay’, with a ‘Mod’ or modulation switch, which adds a tape-like wow and flutter to the sound. Luckily, it seems that most online retailers are listing the birthday edition at the same price as the original.
For more information check out the MXR website.
- Mesa Boogie Unveils the Fillmore 100 Watt Guitar Amp Mesa Boogie has just launched an all-valve 100 watt guitar amp, the Fillmore 100. It comes in a combo or amp and cabinet configuration - and don't worry, you can cut down the power if […]
- Maxon Announces 40th Anniversary OD808 Overdrive In 1979 a Japanese electronics engineer by the name of Susumu Tamura created an overdrive that was set to compete with the current ringleader, the Boss OD-1. In doing so, he created one of […]
- Dunlop is Set to Release the MXR Carbon Copy Mini Analog Delay
The MXR Carbon Copy is an icon of analog delay. Now Dunlop is set to debut the MXR Carbon Copy Mini.
The same massive sound, but with a smaller footprint. Pictures have emerged of […]
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]
- Ibanez Announces Two New Tube Screamer Pedals The Ibanez Tube Screamer has been the last word in overdrive for decades. To celebrate its 40th birthday, two new versions of the pedal are emerging. One, a limited edition ruby red remake […]
- Fulltone Launches a Limited Edition Black Finish OCD Drive Pedal Since its release in 2004, the Fulltone OCD has been the go-to overdrive stompbox for guitarists the world over. Now it's been given a fresh makeover, featuring a limited edition all-black […]