Pink Floyd singer and guitarist, David Gilmour, will be auctioning off more than 120 guitars. The sale includes his famous black Fender Stratocaster, with all proceeds going to charity.
David Gilmour, singer and guitarist from the hugely influential band Pink Floyd, is set to auction off a massive collection of guitars, including his iconic “Black Strat”.
The auction will take place at Christie’s in New York, on June 20. Here’s what they have to say about Gilmour’s axe of choice:
“Between 1970 and 1986, The Black Strat was Gilmour’s primary performance and recording guitar, and was key to the development of the Pink Floyd sound.
“It was played in the recordings of landmark albums such as the 1973 masterpiece The Dark Side of the Moon, which includes the track Money and is widely regarded as one of the greatest LPs of all time.”
Given its provenance, this particular guitar is expected to fetch between $100,000 and $150,000.
The highlights among the other guitars include a variety of Stratocasters, a ’58 Gretsch White Penguin and a ’55 Gibson Les Paul.
For more information on the auction, visit Christie’s.
- David Gilmour Details His Life In Guitars As David Gilmour prepares to say goodbye to 120 guitars used over his career, he gave an interview with auction house Christie's detailing his life in guitars.
Amongst the snippets of […]
- Foo Fighters’ Chris Shiflett Is Auctioning Off His Personal Guitar Collection Longtime lead guitarist of Foo Fighters, Chris Shiflett, has announced that he'll be auctioning off twenty of his own guitars through Reverb.
"I have an excess of guitars that I’ve […]
- Dave Davies’ Gibson Flying V up for Auction If you, like many of us, are a fan of The Kinks then this might just tickle your fancy. Dave Davies' infamous Gibson Flying V is going up for sale - the very model he was seen playing […]
- Electro-Harmonix Have Released Their Beefed Up Grand Canyon Delay & Looper Early last year, Electro-Harmonix released a brand new compact delay and looper pedal, the Canyon, which was quickly picked up as one of the finest new delays at its price range on the […]
- Inside The Songbirds Guitar Museum’s Phenomenal Guitar Collection Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first […]
- Russell Crowe is Set to Say Goodbye to a Swag of Rare Guitars Movie star and guitar aficionado, Russell Crowe, is about to put a range of rare vintage guitars under the hammer. If you're in Sydney and have decidedly deep pockets, you could get […]