Pink Floyd singer and guitarist, David Gilmour, will be auctioning off more than 120 guitars. The sale includes his famous black Fender Stratocaster, with all proceeds going to charity.
David Gilmour, singer and guitarist from the hugely influential band Pink Floyd, is set to auction off a massive collection of guitars, including his iconic “Black Strat”.
The auction will take place at Christie’s in New York, on June 20. Here’s what they have to say about Gilmour’s axe of choice:
“Between 1970 and 1986, The Black Strat was Gilmour’s primary performance and recording guitar, and was key to the development of the Pink Floyd sound.
“It was played in the recordings of landmark albums such as the 1973 masterpiece The Dark Side of the Moon, which includes the track Money and is widely regarded as one of the greatest LPs of all time.”
Given its provenance, this particular guitar is expected to fetch between $100,000 and $150,000.
The highlights among the other guitars include a variety of Stratocasters, a ’58 Gretsch White Penguin and a ’55 Gibson Les Paul.
For more information on the auction, visit Christie’s.
- David Gilmour Details his Favourite Guitars in New Podcast David Gilmour, singer, songwriter and guitar demigod of Pink Floyd fame is releasing a series of three podcasts, spilling the beans on his favourite axes. It comes ahead of the June […]
- David Gilmour’s Black Strat Sold for a World Record $3.9 Million Well, we knew it was going to go well. But this well? David Gilmour's Black Strat now wears the crown as the world's most expensive six string. It was sold at auction for $3.975 million […]
- Touch David Gilmour’s Guitars… In VR! There are only days until 120 of David Gilmour's guitars go under that hammer, including his infamous Black Strat. For now, however, they are on display in New York, and thanks to auction […]
- Get the Most From Your Guitar Amps with the IsoAcoustics Stage 1 Board Known for their expertise in audio isolation products, IsoAcoustics have added to that family with the new Stage 1 isolation board. Launched at NAMM 2019, this board ensures frequencies […]
- Behinger Have Announced a Clone of the Oberheim OB-Xa Uli Behringer has announced that his team will be working on producing a clone of the classic Oberheim OB-Xa. And yep, it will be called the UB-Xa.
Behringer is continuing their […]
- Bee Warned. Beetronics’ Swarm Fuzz Harmonizer is Coming There's a swarm coming. The angry cloud of a thousand bees that is Beetronics' Swarm Fuzz Harmonizer. Showcased at Winter NAMM, this unit is the latest weapon from the Los Angeles based […]