With Moogfest 2017 beginning today, reports are rushing in of new synths, award recipients, performer reviews and everything in between.
Today the latest invention from the legendary gear producers has been revealed, the Moog Subsequent 37 CV.
Drool over the newest addition to Moog’s synth catalogue, the Subsequent CV 37 revealed today at Moogfest 2017.
The new synth has been handcrafted at Moog’s headquarters in Nashville, and is limited to a worldwide run of only 2,000 units. Given the price tag of $1,799 US and its rarity, safe to say you can expect to see this bad boy popping up for a pretty penny on gear markets sometime soon.
The Subsequent 37 is the result of Moog expanding on the popular Sub 37 Tribute Edition paraphonic analog synth, taking into account the wide user feedback they encountered after its release.
Here’s what Cyril Lance, Moog’s Chief Engineer on the project, spoke about the creation of the Subsequent 37 CV:
“We are really excited to incorporate community feedback into the evolution of an instrument. Adding CV interconnectivity was the starting point, but we have also increased the headroom in the mixer and significantly extended the range of Multidrive, giving the Subsequent 37 CV expanded sonic capability and modular control.”
Grab all the finer details on this monster on zZounds.
- Watch A Detailed Video Tour Of Dave Smith’s Office And Personal Synth Collection When you're talking synth idols, Dave Smith has to be up there in my top five. He might even be numero uno.
The top dog at Dave Smith Instruments (DSI) and pioneer of the Prophet […]
- Volca Drum is KORG’s Innovative Digital Drum Machine Alongside the decidedly analog Modular, KORG has welcomed a new digital machine to the fold. The Volca Drum introduces an innovative digital architecture and deep flexibility for a tiny […]
- Unlock the Sound of the ’80s with the Deckard’s Voice Module With the increased popularity of Eurorack in the past couple of years, it's no surprise that most synthesizer companies want to get their hands on a piece of the modular pie. As a result, […]
- AliveInVR: An App for Controlling Ableton Live in Virtual Reality Available on Steam is the new app AliveInVR - designed to control Ableton Live with the HTC Vive VR headset.
If you're craving a way to get "inside" your Ableton Live set, […]
- Behringer Hamstrings The Price Of Their Minimoog Clone down to $299 The prophesied Minimoog clone from Behringer (new kings of the budget synth market, it seems) is now available to pre-order, with a chunky price drop from what was originally […]
- Lightning Fast DAWs: Intel Announce Their New Ultra-Powerful X Series Processors Sure, maybe not a sexy as an announcement of a new line of analog synths, or sensational as a suite of game-changing plugins, but the unveiling of a new collection of processors from Intel […]