With Moogfest 2017 beginning today, reports are rushing in of new synths, award recipients, performer reviews and everything in between.
Today the latest invention from the legendary gear producers has been revealed, the Moog Subsequent 37 CV.
Drool over the newest addition to Moog’s synth catalogue, the Subsequent CV 37 revealed today at Moogfest 2017.
The new synth has been handcrafted at Moog’s headquarters in Nashville, and is limited to a worldwide run of only 2,000 units. Given the price tag of $1,799 US and its rarity, safe to say you can expect to see this bad boy popping up for a pretty penny on gear markets sometime soon.
The Subsequent 37 is the result of Moog expanding on the popular Sub 37 Tribute Edition paraphonic analog synth, taking into account the wide user feedback they encountered after its release.
Here’s what Cyril Lance, Moog’s Chief Engineer on the project, spoke about the creation of the Subsequent 37 CV:
“We are really excited to incorporate community feedback into the evolution of an instrument. Adding CV interconnectivity was the starting point, but we have also increased the headroom in the mixer and significantly extended the range of Multidrive, giving the Subsequent 37 CV expanded sonic capability and modular control.”
Grab all the finer details on this monster on zZounds.
- Moog Have Slyly Been Posting Exceptional Tutorials for the Mother-32 Last year Moog released the Mother-32, an analogue synthesiser marketed as a semi-modular beast which packed a punch for its size.
Garnering unanimously great reviews in the wake of its […]
- Behringer Tease Plans to Build a $49 Synth The folks over at Behringer are looking to continue their domination of the budget gear market with plans to release a $49 synth, according to founder of the company, Uli […]
- They grow up so fast! The microKORG Is Still In Production After Turning 15 Happy Birthday to the microKORG! The virtual analogue synthesiser was released a whopping 15 years ago this week, but what's most remarkable is that this bad boy is still in production as […]
- The Behringer Model D Synth Flexes its Muscles in a Synth Pop Track Some folks are already making good use of the new Behringer Model D synth.
The Behringer Model D Synth gets a good workout from Mr Firechild. It's deep kick, tight and funky bass and […]
- Moog Unleashes the Next Generation with the Subsequent 37 Moog have just announced the release of the Subsequent 37, a paraphonic (two-note) synth that will replace the discontinued Sub 37 Tribute Edition.
The new standard of paraphonic […]
- Sequential Officially Announces Their New Flagship Synth, the Prophet XL The legendary Prophet synth designer David Smith, released a sneak preview, earlier this week which left synth-heads frothing at the mouth. Well, grab a napkin and froth no more, because […]