It was blissful while it lasted. The Moogerfooger graced many a record and live performance with its analog beauty, but Moog is retiring the effects units after twenty years in production.
Moog is retiring the Moogerfooger after twenty years of faithful service. From humble roots, it grew to include over twenty varieties of analog effects.
The production run is one of the longest of all Moog products and will continue until they run out of their current inventory.
The journey began in 1998 with the release of the MF-101 Low Pass Filter and the MF-102 Ring Modulator and was joined not long after by the MF-103 12 Stage Phaser.
Over its twenty year lifespan, the Moogerfooger line evolved to over twenty models, including the inimitable 104M Analog Delay.
The voltage-controlled capabilities of the units invited the user to connect them in chains, functioning as guitar effects pedals as well as first-rate outboard effects units in their own right.
Visit Moog for more details.
- Watch an Incredibly Authentic Tribute to the Pet Shop Boys Rarely does a cover version of a song pay such close attention to the tonal signature of the original. This is exactly the case however, when Analogue Solutions recreated the Pet Shop […]
- UK Sound Launches the 276 Dual-Channel Compressor UK Sound, a subsidiary of BAE, has launched the 276 dual-channel mono compressor. If you haven't guessed by the name, it's inspired by one of the giants of the art.
The 276 […]
- The Strokes’ Albert Hammond Jr to Auction 8 Amps For Charity If you're a fan of The Strokes, this is it. Guitarist Albert Hammond Jr has announced that he will be generously auctioning off 8 amplifiers for The Otis Redding Foundation, Girls Rock […]
- Boss Unveils the New Nextone-Artist and Nextone-Stage Amplifiers Boss has released two new amps to its amp line-up, the 80watt Nextone-Artist and the 40watt Nextone-Stage. These combo amps make use of Boss' Tube Logic Technology, which has been […]
- Brace Yourself for Arturia’s New DrumBrute Impact Arturia's DrumBrute analogue synthesiser has a new little brother, the DrumBrute Impact.
The new DrumBrute Impact offers all the satisfaction of an analogue drum machine, within a […]
- Pocket Power: Unlocking The Noisemaking Power of the Critter and Guitari Pocket Piano The Pocket Piano from Brooklyn manufacturers Critter and Guitari is representative of cost-effective yet boutique-styled noisemaking gear. It makes sense: instruments that sound great, are […]