It was blissful while it lasted. The Moogerfooger graced many a record and live performance with its analog beauty, but Moog is retiring the effects units after twenty years in production.
Moog is retiring the Moogerfooger after twenty years of faithful service. From humble roots, it grew to include over twenty varieties of analog effects.
The production run is one of the longest of all Moog products and will continue until they run out of their current inventory.
The journey began in 1998 with the release of the MF-101 Low Pass Filter and the MF-102 Ring Modulator and was joined not long after by the MF-103 12 Stage Phaser.
Over its twenty year lifespan, the Moogerfooger line evolved to over twenty models, including the inimitable 104M Analog Delay.
The voltage-controlled capabilities of the units invited the user to connect them in chains, functioning as guitar effects pedals as well as first-rate outboard effects units in their own right.
Visit Moog for more details.
- Roland Files Trademarks to Protect 808 and 303 Designs Roland have belatedly sought trademarks to protect its designs of the TB-303 and the TR-808 in Germany. But with Behringer's RD-808 set to hit the shelves soon, the horse may have already […]
- It’s About Time: Synthwatch, the Synth You Can Wear on Your Wrist If you weren't too convinced about smartwatches, this might get you excited. The 'Synthwatch' by Audioweld is the world's first wristwatch synthesiser and if you by chance think it sounds […]
- Google Unveils NSynth Super: An Open-Source Controller for Playing a Synth Algorithm Magenta, a research team at Google, have built a machine-learning algorithm for creating new sounds, NSynth, as well as a controller for combining those sounds, NSynth […]
- The Moogseum has Just Opened in the US The Bob Moog Foundation has cut the ribbon on the Moogseum - situated in the company's hometown of Asheville, North Carolina. It promises to be an immersive exploration at the intersection […]
- Recording Vocals: How To Get the Most Out of a Session When recording pop music, could there be anything more important than capturing a compelling vocal performance? Very often the voice carries the core melody in a song. It's usually at the […]
- Buchla USA Announce Return of Their Historic 100 Series In an incredible announcement, Buchla USA have said they will be bringing back the landmark San Francisco Tape Music Centre 100 Series in its original form and format.
Built in 1964, […]