It seems like only yesterday that we were bidding the Moogerfooger a fond farewell. Now, a short run of new MF-104M Analog Delays have been made at the Moog factory.
A stay of execution: the Moogerfooger is officially out of production, but after finding a cache of vintage BBD chips, a small batch of MF-104M Analog Delays have been made.
Here’s how Moog describe the pedal:
“Based on Bob Moog’s original Moogerfooger MF-104 Analog Delay design from 2000, the MF-104M uses the same vintage analog BBD delay chips as the original, which provide 800ms of the richest analog delay on the planet.”
At the heart of the lush analog delay are bucket brigade chips. They were first developed in 1969 and are now exceedingly rare. Luckily, Moog acquired a handful of new-old stock BBDs – they form the sonic centrepiece of the M-104M.
There is a catch though! The short run of these Moogerfoogers is only available for purchase from the Moog factory in Asheville, North Carolina. What better excuse for a holiday?
Visit the Moog website for more details.
- Dunlop is Set to Release the MXR Carbon Copy Mini Analog Delay
The MXR Carbon Copy is an icon of analog delay. Now Dunlop is set to debut the MXR Carbon Copy Mini.
The same massive sound, but with a smaller footprint. Pictures have emerged of […]
- Exploring the Moog 104M Analog Delay The Moogerfooger series of effects pedals have been a boon to studio and live performance aficionados. The sound (it’s Moog) is incredible, but that’s not the whole story with these […]
- Meris Reveals the Hedra 3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter Meris has unveiled the Hedra 3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter. Yes, the title is a mouthful, but what it essentially does is send guitar (and line level) tone into parallel, pitch shifted […]
- Mood Lets You Explore Micro Loops and Alternate Dimensions Is it a delay? Is it a looper? Well, it seems to fulfil both roles and then some. Mood from Chase Bliss Audio uses two channels to its advantage, by bouncing audio back and forth between […]
- Delays from Distant Galaxies: The Roland Space Echo Despite it's ability to transport sounds into distant galaxies, the lineage of the Roland Space Echo stretches back into the primitive beginnings of recording. Why? Because it utilises […]
- Placing A Crown on the BOSS DD-7. The only BOSS Analog Man claims doesn’t need a mod! In the guitar world, BOSS pedals are like childhood friends. Chances are the first pedal you bought as a budding guitarist was something along the lines of a DS-1 - fun, simple and like […]