To say it’s been a long wait is an understatement. The Moog One is the company’s new flagship product and it’s their first new hardware polysynth in a generation.
Moog has reset the standard with the Moog One. It’s their first polyphonic hardware synth in decades and comes in 8-voice and 16-voice versions.
The new synth features the most advanced architecture ever brought to bear on a Moog product. The tri-timbral design allows for the splitting, layering and stacking of voices with up to 48 oscillators in unison mode. Each of the voices features a sequencer, arpeggiator and onboard effects library (including Eventide reverbs).
Each of the voices contains three analog VCOs, two independent analog filters (including Moog’s essential Ladder Filter), a dual-source analog noise generator, four LFOs and three envelope generators.
Playability is provided by a 61-note velocity and aftertouch-sensitive Fatar keybed, as well as a pressure-sensitive 3-axis X/Y pad that provides additional performance options.
There’s no details as yet on the Moog website, but you can visit Sweetwater for more details.
- Meet Xerxes – Black Corporation’s Polyphonic Powerhouse Making its debut at this year's NAMM show, Xerxes by Black Corporation is an 8 voice, polyphonic synthesizer. Inspired by the Elka Synthex from the early 1980s, its design and vast sonic […]
- Coming Soon: Dreadbox and Polyend are Set to Release the Medusa Analog Monosynth On their Facebook page, Dreadbox have teased a photo of the new Medusa synth, with the enigmatic caption, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."
Dreadbox and Polyend […]
- One Note at a Time: the Tales of 5 Legendary Monosynths With the evolutionary advancement of synth technology, the options for creating sounds have exponentially increased. In the the analog world the voices have piled up and the internal […]
- The Roland D-50: How the Analog Masters Conquered the Digital World In case you didn't already know, Roland hit a purple patch in the early '80s. Their Juno series of analog polysynths and groundbreaking drum machines like the TR-808 all hit the streets […]
- Reverb’s Best-Selling Synths and Drum Machines of 2018 Reverb has become synonymous with that word that makes your heart skip a beat, raises a sweat on your brow: gear. Evidently, many of us couldn't resist temptation to hit the website and […]
- Get Your Spook On With This Rendition of John Carpenters ‘Halloween’ Theme Performed on an OP-1 In the spirit of the Halloween season, Tribrix has put a cover of John Carpenter's Halloween Theme, performed on Teenage Engineering's OP-1.
The Halloween Theme by John Carpenter has […]