Mobile music making is easier and more intuitive than ever. At the vanguard of this movement is Blocs Wave for iOS, which is now available for free (though the “slicer” and “audio import” features are available as in-app purchases).
Sleek mobile music-making app, Blocs Wave for iOS is now free to download. Get creating, folks.
Recording, looping, chopping and building songs with the included library of soundpacks are made easy through its sleek user interface. Interestingly for more advanced users, the connectability with Ableton Live – exporting into Live sets or even synchronised jamming through Link should be pretty enticing.
Mobile devices have been gaining credence as professional production setups. Even one of Kendrick Lamar’s key collaborators, Steve Lacy uses his iPhone as his key production tool. More proof than ever that it’s the ear, not the gear!
Even if you prefer to keep more traditional tools at the centre of your production workflow, the easy interfacing between mobile and computer software makes apps like Blocs Wave all the more worthy of inspection.
Check out Blocs Wave here.
- Talking Vintage Amps and Beastie Boys With The Loudest Band in Sydney, Zeahorse Zeahorse are a force to be reckoned with. If you've ever seen the Sydney four-piece live, you'll know how much impact they have: pummelling baritone guitars, cavernous vocals, and a […]
- Opening The DAW: What Is The Best Software For You? Beginning a new project is always exciting. You’ve got ideas, you know how you’re going to execute them. You may not realise you’ve already made a mistake at this integral point. Depending […]
- The Studio at Your Feet: Old School Studio Reverb Techniques in Pedal Form Natural reverb is the sound of reflections in a given space. The differences in size lend character to the reverberated sound, and devices both mechanical and algorithm-based have been […]
- Sonic Extremists: Why Death By Audio Pedals Are Like Nothing Else Out There With the deluge of boutique pedal builders popping up on what seems to be a monthly basis, wading through the bullshit can be tough. For anyone even vaguely interested in pedals, the […]
- Polyverse Unveil Wider – A Free Plugin for Huge Sounding Stereo Wider is a stereo width creating plugin from Polyverse. It makes creating psuedo-stereo effects ridiculously easy, and best of all, it's free.
Could this be the perfect tool for […]
- The MFB Tanzbär 2 Lets You Program Both Digital and Analogue Beats MFB have taken their successful Tanzbär and packed it with new features for their second rendition. One of the major new features of the Tanzbär 2, is its 8 new digital voices, added to […]