Mobile music making is easier and more intuitive than ever. At the vanguard of this movement is Blocs Wave for iOS, which is now available for free (though the “slicer” and “audio import” features are available as in-app purchases).
Sleek mobile music-making app, Blocs Wave for iOS is now free to download. Get creating, folks.
Recording, looping, chopping and building songs with the included library of soundpacks are made easy through its sleek user interface. Interestingly for more advanced users, the connectability with Ableton Live – exporting into Live sets or even synchronised jamming through Link should be pretty enticing.
Mobile devices have been gaining credence as professional production setups. Even one of Kendrick Lamar’s key collaborators, Steve Lacy uses his iPhone as his key production tool. More proof than ever that it’s the ear, not the gear!
Even if you prefer to keep more traditional tools at the centre of your production workflow, the easy interfacing between mobile and computer software makes apps like Blocs Wave all the more worthy of inspection.
Check out Blocs Wave here.
- In The Studio With Darts Covering The Stone Roses Classic ‘I Wanna Be Adored’ It's been a super busy week at Enmore Audio. Kicking off the first in a series of partnerships with our friends over at Happy, we welcomed Melbourne alt-rockers DARTS in the studio to […]
- Inside The Songbirds Guitar Museum’s Phenomenal Guitar Collection Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first […]
- Fender Have Built a Small Batch of Esquires Made from the Bench Seats of the Hollywood Bowl Fender are making a habit of building new gear from old materials. At Winter NAMM in January, they announced a (very, very) small batch of amplifiers that were constructed from wood […]
- EMI Consoles: The Blueprint for the Future of Mixing They say necessity is the mother of invention and the audio industry is littered with developments that occurred, well, because they had to. The consoles that were produced by EMI in the […]
- Getting Paid In Audio Engineering – The Harsh Realities and Surprising Truths “Oh sweet! Exposure?! Can I cash that in at the bank?”
Have you ever been told that while having a passion for audio engineering is great, it's very hard to pay the rent if it's your […]
- How Nick Mason is Opening Up a Saucerful of Secrets Earlier this year, legendary drummer Nick Mason send waves of joy through Pink Floyd fans, with the debut of his new band 'Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets'. The new group aims to cover […]