Mobile music making is easier and more intuitive than ever. At the vanguard of this movement is Blocs Wave for iOS, which is now available for free (though the “slicer” and “audio import” features are available as in-app purchases).
Sleek mobile music-making app, Blocs Wave for iOS is now free to download. Get creating, folks.
Recording, looping, chopping and building songs with the included library of soundpacks are made easy through its sleek user interface. Interestingly for more advanced users, the connectability with Ableton Live – exporting into Live sets or even synchronised jamming through Link should be pretty enticing.
Mobile devices have been gaining credence as professional production setups. Even one of Kendrick Lamar’s key collaborators, Steve Lacy uses his iPhone as his key production tool. More proof than ever that it’s the ear, not the gear!
Even if you prefer to keep more traditional tools at the centre of your production workflow, the easy interfacing between mobile and computer software makes apps like Blocs Wave all the more worthy of inspection.
Check out Blocs Wave here.
- The Channel Strip Part III: Auxiliaries Until now, we’ve followed the signal path from the microphone preamp, which boosts the level of the signal to make it useable further down the line. Then we went on to the EQ section, so […]
- Watch a Detailed Comparison of the Behringer Model D and a Minimoog Ever wonder how the new Behringer Model D stacks up against the original Minimoog? Youtuber Starsky Carr has done us all a huge favour and made a detailed comparison video of the two […]
- Fender Announces the Britt Daniel Tele Thinline Fender has recently launched a signature model Tele Thinline in honour of Spoon frontman, Britt Daniel. Those familiar with the American indie-rock outfit will know Britt's buttery guitar […]
- Creating Audio Loops for Video Games Looping is a vital part in the composition of music for video games. Why? Looping saves space. The concerns of real estate are especially paramount in mobile games, where disk space is […]
- Albeton Unveil Live 10, Their Most Comprehensive Update Yet After almost five years between revisions, Ableton has announced Live 10. Due to arrive early next year, the update will bring in a massive suite of new features.
At first glance, we're […]
- The Roland D-50: How the Analog Masters Conquered the Digital World In case you didn't already know, Roland hit a purple patch in the early '80s. Their Juno series of analog polysynths and groundbreaking drum machines like the TR-808 all hit the streets […]