Midnight Oil fans, this is for you. Reverb yesterday announced a new partnership with Global Vintage Guitars in Sydney for the sale of 40 bits of gear used by Midnight Oil over four decades of their career.
Midnight Oil are selling a bunch of vintage guitars and amps through their Reverb store, with each piece ‘broken in by the band in one way or another’.
The Official Midnight Oil Reverb Shop is set to open on Friday November 16 in Australia and will feature numerous vintage instruments and amplifiers. The collection includes several Vox AC30 amps, which were a staple for band in their studio recordings as well as their live shows.
Another amp up for grabs is a 2004 Hiwatt DR103 amp head with a matching 4×12″ cabinet, which featured on their 2005 WaveAid benefit shows and the 2009 Sound Relief benefit concert.
Guitarist Marin Rotsey is also parting with a few of treasures including a 1964 Gibson SG Junior and an early 1960s Guild Starfire which both saw use in the studio and on stage.
If you want to own a piece of the Oil’s history, add your email address to Reverb’s signup box so they can keep you posted when the store goes live.
“After last year’s Great Circle Tour, our gear storage locker is completely full. We want to pass these instruments on to musicians who will appreciate and use them,” stated guitarist/keyboardist Jim Moginie. “Some of the items we’re selling have been used more than others, but everything has been broken in by the band in one way or another.”
- Russell Crowe is Set to Say Goodbye to a Swag of Rare Guitars Movie star and guitar aficionado, Russell Crowe, is about to put a range of rare vintage guitars under the hammer. If you're in Sydney and have decidedly deep pockets, you could get […]
- Foo Fighters’ Chris Shiflett Is Auctioning Off His Personal Guitar Collection Longtime lead guitarist of Foo Fighters, Chris Shiflett, has announced that he'll be auctioning off twenty of his own guitars through Reverb.
"I have an excess of guitars that I’ve […]
- The most played, recorded & sought after amp in music history. An Ode to the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Fender have spawned countless classic pieces of musical equipment since the company's inception in 1946. Many have been innovative, some genre-defining while other have been flops (wrong […]
- Remembering Three Forgotten Vintage Australian Amp Manufacturers of the 60s Australia is rarely associated in reverence with the production of guitar amplifiers. That torch is held by the UK and the US, and has been for decades. The monolithic rise of pop music in […]
- More Than 120 of David Gilmour’s Guitars are Going Up for Auction Pink Floyd singer and guitarist, David Gilmour, will be auctioning off more than 120 guitars. The sale includes his famous black Fender Stratocaster, with all proceeds going to […]
- Green Day to Sell Old Gear On Their Official Reverb Store Did you have a punk phase inspired by American Idiot? Finally grown up and have a little cash to splash? Well, you might be happy to learn that Green Day is having a garage sale. The band […]