Midnight Oil fans, this is for you. Reverb yesterday announced a new partnership with Global Vintage Guitars in Sydney for the sale of 40 bits of gear used by Midnight Oil over four decades of their career.
Midnight Oil are selling a bunch of vintage guitars and amps through their Reverb store, with each piece ‘broken in by the band in one way or another’.
The Official Midnight Oil Reverb Shop is set to open on Friday November 16 in Australia and will feature numerous vintage instruments and amplifiers. The collection includes several Vox AC30 amps, which were a staple for band in their studio recordings as well as their live shows.
Another amp up for grabs is a 2004 Hiwatt DR103 amp head with a matching 4×12″ cabinet, which featured on their 2005 WaveAid benefit shows and the 2009 Sound Relief benefit concert.
Guitarist Marin Rotsey is also parting with a few of treasures including a 1964 Gibson SG Junior and an early 1960s Guild Starfire which both saw use in the studio and on stage.
If you want to own a piece of the Oil’s history, add your email address to Reverb’s signup box so they can keep you posted when the store goes live.
“After last year’s Great Circle Tour, our gear storage locker is completely full. We want to pass these instruments on to musicians who will appreciate and use them,” stated guitarist/keyboardist Jim Moginie. “Some of the items we’re selling have been used more than others, but everything has been broken in by the band in one way or another.”
- The Stories Behind Eight Famous Stratocasters The Strat. It compliments rock like hot gravy on mash. Released in 1954, it was Leo Fender's second guitar in the Fender stable. Don Randal, Fender's marketing guru named the sharp new axe […]
- Warmth, Grit and Character: A Brief Look At Recording Keyboards Through Preamps, Reampers and Guitar Amps Tracking keys should be pretty straightforward, right? Well, I guess it is, to the extent that it is a pretty simple process to extract sound from a device that has an audio output. Yet, […]
- Mixed In Key Studio Edition Brings Key Detection to Your DAW
Mixed In Key Studio Edition is a revamped version of the popular DJ plugin. The new DAW friendly software works in real time and analyses the root key and notes present in audio and midi […]
- Native Instruments Unveils the Komplete Audio 6 Interface Native Instruments have a longstanding reputation for crafting industry leading sample libraries, soft synths and production environments. Now they've expanded their hardware range with […]
- Connect to your DAW or Stand Alone with the Akai MPK Mini Play Akai Pro has revealed the MPK Mini Play. Yes, it still has regular MIDI control capabilities, but it also stands alone with its own built in sounds.
With or without the […]
- Fender Announce Four New Signature Models For George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, Ed O’Brien and Justin Meldal–Johnsen Fender have been very busy over the past week. Just a few days ago, ahead of the 2017 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, they announced their brand new Brad Paisley Signature […]