Midnight Oil fans, this is for you. Reverb yesterday announced a new partnership with Global Vintage Guitars in Sydney for the sale of 40 bits of gear used by Midnight Oil over four decades of their career.
Midnight Oil are selling a bunch of vintage guitars and amps through their Reverb store, with each piece ‘broken in by the band in one way or another’.
The Official Midnight Oil Reverb Shop is set to open on Friday November 16 in Australia and will feature numerous vintage instruments and amplifiers. The collection includes several Vox AC30 amps, which were a staple for band in their studio recordings as well as their live shows.
Another amp up for grabs is a 2004 Hiwatt DR103 amp head with a matching 4×12″ cabinet, which featured on their 2005 WaveAid benefit shows and the 2009 Sound Relief benefit concert.
Guitarist Marin Rotsey is also parting with a few of treasures including a 1964 Gibson SG Junior and an early 1960s Guild Starfire which both saw use in the studio and on stage.
If you want to own a piece of the Oil’s history, add your email address to Reverb’s signup box so they can keep you posted when the store goes live.
“After last year’s Great Circle Tour, our gear storage locker is completely full. We want to pass these instruments on to musicians who will appreciate and use them,” stated guitarist/keyboardist Jim Moginie. “Some of the items we’re selling have been used more than others, but everything has been broken in by the band in one way or another.”
- Keep on Spinning: How the Digital Era is Changing Turntables for the Better
The record player has been around in some shape or form for the best part of 140 years, and even though the concept of spinning vinyl has remained, the design and purpose of turntables […]
- Electro-Harmonix Launches the Mod Rex Polyrhythmic Modulator Pedal New York stompbox legends Electro-Harmonix has released the Mod Rex Polyrhythmic Modulator pedal. If that sounds like a mouthful, it's because it does a lot of heavy lifting in the […]
- Watch Alan Howarth Explain the ‘Escape From New York’ Soundtrack
In Alex Ball's latest video, he has interviewed Alan Howarth. Howarth was one of John Carpenter's key collaborators, working alongside the director and composer for a string of hit films […]
- Slamming Sidechain Pumping is on Tap with the Duck Plugin Devious Machines have launched their latest plugin, simply titled, Duck. It does exactly the thing you would expect, creating dance floor-ready pumping effects.
Sidechain compression […]
- Sampling the Sounds of the Barbershop with an Elektron Digitakt Youtuber Dave Mech has created a track that shows off the sampling chops of the Elektron Digitakt. The video takes us through barbershop field recording, sample manipulation and […]
- NuDrum is an Online Polyrhythmic, Polymetric Drum Machine NuDrum, from developer Nicola Bombaci, is an online drum machine, with sounds not unlike many others. What sets it apart however, is that it gives you the ability to create organised chaos […]