The MIDI Manufacturer’s Association (MMA) has announced a swag of new partners that will have a hand in shaping the future of the long-standing protocol. The brands include Ableton, Native Instruments, Art+Logic, Melodics, MIND Music Labs, TouchKeys and more.
MIDI 1.0, the standard which has served music production so well for more than three decades could be set for an upgrade. A host of new partners are on board to help shape the future of MIDI.
The MMA say that:
“The planned update to the MIDI specification will support new levels of musical expression and make electronic instruments easier to configure and use.”
Importantly, however, the updates won’t render MIDI 1.0 devices obsolete:
“This major update of MIDI will support the development of a new generation of interconnected devices and preserve the relevance of existing MIDI 1.0 devices.
No specifics for the upgrade have been released, so watch this space.
- Dreadbox Reveals the Nyx v2 Duophonic Synthesizer Ahead of Berlin's Superbooth trade fair, Dreadbox has announced the Nyx v2 duophonic analog synth. It features a semi-modular architecture and Dreadbox's familiar desktop […]
- Sony’s New GTK-PG10 Speakers Come With Inbuilt Cupholders It's summertime, there's no doubt about that. A time for soaking up the rays and having friends around for a BBQ, some drinks and a bit of music. But have you ever felt that there's […]
- The Roland CR-78 is Reborn as the Compu78 Plugin Before Roland released the TR-808 and changed the game forever, the CR-78 was one of the go-to boxes in the primordial era of rhythm machines. Now developer, Forgotten Keys has released […]
- Turn Microsoft Excel Into a Sequencer With Excel MIDI Have you ever wanted to sequence lead lines with your tax return? No? Well, anyway now you can. Excel MIDI is the new program you never knew you needed and as its name suggests, it turns […]
- New Book ‘Pedal Crush’ to Cover Creative Applications for Stompboxes Kim Bjorn, author of the successful synthesiser book Patch and Tweak has announced his latest project, which explores pedal effects as a creative tool for all artists. The hardcover book […]
- Roland Announce Hugely Versatile SRX KEYBOARDS Soft Synth For Roland Cloud Roland have announced the new SRX KEYBOARDS software synthesiser for Roland Cloud.
SRX KEYBOARDS is an authentic virtual recreation of an early-2000s SRX expansion board, which was […]