The MIDI Manufacturer’s Association (MMA) has announced a swag of new partners that will have a hand in shaping the future of the long-standing protocol. The brands include Ableton, Native Instruments, Art+Logic, Melodics, MIND Music Labs, TouchKeys and more.
MIDI 1.0, the standard which has served music production so well for more than three decades could be set for an upgrade. A host of new partners are on board to help shape the future of MIDI.
The MMA say that:
“The planned update to the MIDI specification will support new levels of musical expression and make electronic instruments easier to configure and use.”
Importantly, however, the updates won’t render MIDI 1.0 devices obsolete:
“This major update of MIDI will support the development of a new generation of interconnected devices and preserve the relevance of existing MIDI 1.0 devices.
No specifics for the upgrade have been released, so watch this space.
- Ableton Live 10 is Finally Here! Check Out The 3 New Editions and Learn How To Use It After years of waiting and beta testing, Ableton 10 is finally avaliable for all to purchase. They've also just released almost 50 video tutorials running through the new software, so you […]
- Albeton Unveil Live 10, Their Most Comprehensive Update Yet After almost five years between revisions, Ableton has announced Live 10. Due to arrive early next year, the update will bring in a massive suite of new features.
At first glance, we're […]
- Native Instruments has Launched the Kontakt 6 Sampler The latest generation of Native Instruments' flagship sampler has arrived. Kontakt 6 showcases an expanded onboard library while evolving as a host for premium third party virtual […]
- The Glide is a New Instrument that Transforms Motion into Melody From the mind of musician and inventor Keith Groover, the Glide is an instrument that works with your physical expression to make sounds. It can control MIDI over bluetooth and has its own […]
- Sono Elements Unveils the eTron Mellotron Virtual Instrument Sono Elements have released the eTron, a virtual instrument that emulates the rare and highly prized sounds of the Mellotron. They've also put it within reach of most users, coming in at […]
- Mark Verbos Reflects on Designing Modular Synths Mark Verbos, one the world's eminent modular synth creators has shared his thoughts, and demonstrated one of his rigs, in a video from Red Bull Music Academy.
Modular legend […]