The MIDI Manufacturer’s Association (MMA) has announced a swag of new partners that will have a hand in shaping the future of the long-standing protocol. The brands include Ableton, Native Instruments, Art+Logic, Melodics, MIND Music Labs, TouchKeys and more.
MIDI 1.0, the standard which has served music production so well for more than three decades could be set for an upgrade. A host of new partners are on board to help shape the future of MIDI.
The MMA say that:
“The planned update to the MIDI specification will support new levels of musical expression and make electronic instruments easier to configure and use.”
Importantly, however, the updates won’t render MIDI 1.0 devices obsolete:
“This major update of MIDI will support the development of a new generation of interconnected devices and preserve the relevance of existing MIDI 1.0 devices.
No specifics for the upgrade have been released, so watch this space.
- KORG Unveils the Volca Modular Analog Synthesizer The KORG Volca series has finally dipped its toes into the patchable world. The Volca Modular is a semi modular analog synth that claims to make this particular style of synthesis more […]
- KORG and SEGA Unveil New Synth for Nintendo Switch Korg has teamed up with Japanese tech giants and masterminds behind Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA and Taito, to work on Gadget 3.0 - a new version of Korg's mobile DAW for Nintendo […]
- PAD FOOTINGS We had no idea what a strip footing or a pad footing was until last week. For those who missed it on Facebook we dug a strip footing trench which unfortunately revealed several major sewer […]
- Cream of the Crop: the Eric Clapton 1964 Firebird I Rock deity Eric Clapton, in collaboration with Gibson, have given us give us the 1964 Firebird I Reissue. Clapton's 1964 original made its iconic appearance at Cream's famous last show on […]
- IK Multimedia Launches the UNO Drum Analog/PCM Beatmaker IK Multimedia have long since enjoyed a massive presence in the software world. Yet recently, they've made a splash in the realm analog synthesis. Continuing down that path, the Italian […]
- Roland and Puma Collaborate Again on New 808 Sneakers Earlier in the year, Roland and Puma teamed up to announce a unique homage to the TR-808, titled the RS-0. Now they've announced another pair of 808 sneakers: the RS-100 […]