The iRig Mic HD 2 is a handheld USB digital condenser microphone that can be used with iPhone, iPad, Mac and PC.
Surely the ultimate in portability and convenience, the iRig Mic HD 2 from IK Mulitmedia delivers results across multiple platforms with ease.
This new USB mic can be plugged straight into an iPhone or iPad for quick and convenient location recording. Yet it also holds in own in the studio, delivering 24bit/96k analog to digital conversion. Other studio level specs include the low-noise preamp and gold sputtered cardioid capsule.
The iRig Mic HD 2 promises to be a one-stop solution for podcasters, performers and on location interviewers alike. To facilitate this versatility, it comes with lightning and USB cables for connection to iOS devices and computers, a compact tripod for hands-free operation and headphone output for vocal monitoring.
This mic should be shipping in September at a cost of 129.99 euros.
Find out more on the IK Multimedia website.
- The Sony C-800G – the Recording Enigma that Achieved Immortality Like few other pieces of studio gear, microphones tend to fall into a strict hierarchy. There are the indestructible staples - the Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD 421, AKG D112, BeyerDynamic […]
- Universal Audio Unveils the New Apollo X Line of Interfaces Since their release, Universal's Apollo line has been a staple in many studios, from passionate hobbyists to the professional, loved for their dynamic range, clarity and analogue-digital […]
- Emulating the Synth Sounds of Blade Runner on a microKORG The Blade Runner soundtrack, composed by Vangelis, looms large in the canon 80s analog synthesis. Youtuber StrangeQuarkStar has recreated an especially memorable melodic brass patch on the […]
- Eventide Launches the Plugin Reboot of Their Iconic SP2016 Reverb Eventide has released the plugin version of their legendary hardware unit, the SP2016. The original was released in 1982 and was put to great use by the likes of Dave Pensado, Mick […]
- Engineering the Sound: Radiohead’s ‘In Rainbows’ “The internet is not the fucking universe.”
This is something you have surely heard from you’re grandfather at least once or twice. (A few years back I could have written ‘father’ but […]
- Mixing in Buckets: Waves Unveils the CLA MixHub Plugin Waves has again teamed up with legendary mix engineer Chris Lord-Alge to deliver the CLA MixHub plugin. It aims to change your mix workflow by allow you to access eight channels at a […]