Spinbox is a DIY turntable and an extremely portable solution for those of you who can’t be without your vinyl collection.
Takeaway vinyl at last! Spinbox is a lightweight and portable DIY turntable and best of all, you can build it yourself.
This DIY turntable is constructed with prefabricated electronic components, which is protected by a waterproof cardboard enclosure, so the Spinbox is ready to work in all conditions.
Far from a bandaid solution though, Spinbox is a fully contained machine, equipped with a built in amplifier with speakers for truly portable parties. You can connect to your favourite hi-fi setup via a line-out connection and is conveniently powered via micro USB.
The Spinbox can play records at 33, 45 and 78 rpm and can accomodate 12-inch vinyl. So if you need to get some tunes happening seriously fast (the build takes 18 minutes according to the manufacturer), Spinbox might be for you.
Find out more about Spinbox here.
- 3 by Alev Lenz is an Album That Comes With its Own Sample Library Imagine this: you buy an album and you're enchanted by its sounds. You're so smitten with its sonic textures that you can imagine yourself making your own music with its ingredients. […]
- The 1980s Part I: Experimentation, Cutting Edge Tech and Breaking into the Mainstream If the 1970s was the decade that began the revolution of electronic music, the 1980s was the decade that improved it. It also added new cultural and technological features of its […]
- Keep on Spinning: How the Digital Era is Changing Turntables for the Better
The record player has been around in some shape or form for the best part of 140 years, and even though the concept of spinning vinyl has remained, the design and purpose of turntables […]
- The Lenco-MD is a DIY Built, 3D Printed Turntable New to Kickstarter: The Lenco-MD bridges old and new technology like few other products out there. On one hand, it is a classic belt driven turntable. On the other, it features a […]
- Download the Synth One iPhone App from AudioKit for Free What's not to like? The epic Synth One app from AudioKit has been making waves on the iPad for a while. Now it's available to download for free as an iPhone app.
The Synth One […]
- The Man From The Mines: A Chat With Matt Bulluss from Saltmine Repairs The Saltmine is a sprawling guitar workshop perched above Oxford Street in Sydney, run by the magnetic Matt Bulluss, and shared with fellow gear artisans, Earthling Designs and Bondi […]