Spinbox is a DIY turntable and an extremely portable solution for those of you who can’t be without your vinyl collection.
Takeaway vinyl at last! Spinbox is a lightweight and portable DIY turntable and best of all, you can build it yourself.
This DIY turntable is constructed with prefabricated electronic components, which is protected by a waterproof cardboard enclosure, so the Spinbox is ready to work in all conditions.
Far from a bandaid solution though, Spinbox is a fully contained machine, equipped with a built in amplifier with speakers for truly portable parties. You can connect to your favourite hi-fi setup via a line-out connection and is conveniently powered via micro USB.
The Spinbox can play records at 33, 45 and 78 rpm and can accomodate 12-inch vinyl. So if you need to get some tunes happening seriously fast (the build takes 18 minutes according to the manufacturer), Spinbox might be for you.
Find out more about Spinbox here.
- Keep on Spinning: How the Digital Era is Changing Turntables for the Better
The record player has been around in some shape or form for the best part of 140 years, and even though the concept of spinning vinyl has remained, the design and purpose of turntables […]
- The Lenco-MD is a DIY Built, 3D Printed Turntable New to Kickstarter: The Lenco-MD bridges old and new technology like few other products out there. On one hand, it is a classic belt driven turntable. On the other, it features a […]
- Build Your Own Beats with Modal’s CRAFTrhythm CRAFTrhythm by UK based synth makers Modal Electronics is a drum machine that you can build in ten minutes without any tools.
With CRAFTrhythm by Modal Electronics, you can […]
- Rode Release the Video Mic Pro+ Aussie microphone heavyweights Rode have just a new on-camera microphone to compliment their already impressive range. The announcement of the Video Mic Pro+ happened at RODEshow […]
- 6 Classic Electronic Instruments That Shaped Dance & Synth-Pop For the burgeoning electronic producer, mobile apps are low-cost and low-commitment instruments for developing creativity. And thanks to technology being what it is, there’s a whole […]
- The MiniMo: An Adorable, Affordable Introduction to Modular Synths The pursuit of synth happiness has sent many an unsuspecting punter to the depths of bankruptcy. The things (especially those vintage analog ones) are damn expensive, occasionally […]