It’s more or less week 7 and managing the worksite has become my focus priority. I’m saying week 7 because my last entry was week 6 but we calculated that between public holidays and other dramas (gear boxes, flu, family crisis), our builder strictly speaking has only been here for 22 days. So… here you will find a pile of Fletcher insulation a mile high as well as a really cool router, some framing work for the cloth panels and other some such bits and pieces. Are we on schedule? There never really was schedule so yes, I suppose we are.
Managing the worksite of the studio build has become my key focus.
As more and more deliveries arrived it become imperative that we coordinated then in the right order because not everything would be fitted in a single day. In some cases this unfortunately meant additional delivery costs but that was necessary.
All the internal frame work is up and you can see if you look closely that we’ve started to fit the white frames which will be the red cloth panels.
- Recording Studio Rates How studios price their sessions is rarely understood fully. There are many variables and every studio will have their own system of developing their rates. Beyond the creative aspects of […]
- Fingerlab Unveils Mellowsound – the Lush, Free Mellotron App Mellowsound - a new app from developers, Fingerlab, captures the luscious tones of the archetypal psychedelic keyboard, the Mellotron. It's free to download, with in-app purchases […]
- Going DIY: Last Dinosaurs Break Down The Making of ‘Yumeno Garden’ Last Dinosaurs are heroes of Australian indie rock. A decade into their career they've released three excellent records, the latest being Yumeno Garden. The album sees the band navigating […]
- The Stories Behind Eight Famous Stratocasters The Strat. It compliments rock like hot gravy on mash. Released in 1954, it was Leo Fender's second guitar in the Fender stable. Don Randal, Fender's marketing guru named the sharp new axe […]
- Watch Alessandro Cortini of Nine Inch Nails Run Through His Comprehensive Live Rig The good people at Reverb have just published a pair of videos featuring Alessandro Cortini, multi-instrumentalist for the intrepid Nine Inch Nails.
In the first video he runs through […]
- The Behringer Model D Synth Flexes its Muscles in a Synth Pop Track Some folks are already making good use of the new Behringer Model D synth.
The Behringer Model D Synth gets a good workout from Mr Firechild. It's deep kick, tight and funky bass and […]