It’s more or less week 7 and managing the worksite has become my focus priority. I’m saying week 7 because my last entry was week 6 but we calculated that between public holidays and other dramas (gear boxes, flu, family crisis), our builder strictly speaking has only been here for 22 days. So… here you will find a pile of Fletcher insulation a mile high as well as a really cool router, some framing work for the cloth panels and other some such bits and pieces. Are we on schedule? There never really was schedule so yes, I suppose we are.
Managing the worksite of the studio build has become my key focus.
As more and more deliveries arrived it become imperative that we coordinated then in the right order because not everything would be fitted in a single day. In some cases this unfortunately meant additional delivery costs but that was necessary.
All the internal frame work is up and you can see if you look closely that we’ve started to fit the white frames which will be the red cloth panels.
- The Moog Taurus: the Beast of the Bass that Continues to Evolve In the history of synthesizers, the '70s was a glorious in between world. There were brilliant instruments, but the industry had yet to reach maturity. Sure, the Minimoog was out, but […]
- sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs Unveil the Uncompromising RNT Tube Condenser Mic sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs have teamed up to deliver a special package: the RNT multi-pattern condenser.
A modern take on vintage tube technology and sound: the RNT […]
- Sonic Mayhem, Harmony and Complexity: Pedal Talk With Pretty City Pretty City have a monstrous sound. Sitting somewhere in the chasms between shoegaze, sludge and 90s alt-rock, their debut record Colourize is a melange of explosive guitars, haloed by […]
- Perfection in Simplicity: Hayden James on the Making of Between Us For someone who has just released his debut album, Hayden James has already put together a mightily impressive CV. Since his self-titled EP, the Sydney native has toured with Disclosure, […]
- Behringer Surprises the World with the K-2, a KORG MS-20 Clone Behringer have just announced the K-2 synth, a clone of the legendary KORG MS-20. Known for unveiling products well before their launch, this time around the news comes as a surprise, with […]
- Native Instruments Releases the Free Traktor DJ 2 App Native Instruments have just unveiled the Traktor DJ 2 app. It's compatible with desktop and iPad, integrates with SoundCloud Go and free to download.
Traktor 2 is the latest DJ app […]