It’s more or less week 7 and managing the worksite has become my focus priority. I’m saying week 7 because my last entry was week 6 but we calculated that between public holidays and other dramas (gear boxes, flu, family crisis), our builder strictly speaking has only been here for 22 days. So… here you will find a pile of Fletcher insulation a mile high as well as a really cool router, some framing work for the cloth panels and other some such bits and pieces. Are we on schedule? There never really was schedule so yes, I suppose we are.
Managing the worksite of the studio build has become my key focus.
As more and more deliveries arrived it become imperative that we coordinated then in the right order because not everything would be fitted in a single day. In some cases this unfortunately meant additional delivery costs but that was necessary.
All the internal frame work is up and you can see if you look closely that we’ve started to fit the white frames which will be the red cloth panels.
- Rhythmic Revolutions, Synths, Sequencers & Pedals: The Astounding Legacy of Roland Founder Ikutaro Kakehashi Passing away this April, Japanese audio pioneer Ikutaro Kakehashi left behind him a staggering legacy of classic musical inventions and technological advancements. The man behind Roland […]
- The Charm of the Chime: the Colourful Characters and History of the VOX AC30 Introduced to the world in 1959 as a big brother to the AC15, the VOX AC30 is widely lauded for its jangly, chiming high end. Sixty years later, the diamond cloth and gold detailing is as […]
- Dreadbox Unveils the Hypnosis Time Effects Processor Dreadbox, a company which until now has specialised in synths and modules has just revealed Hypnosis. It ticks all the right boxes when it comes to 80s nostalgia, combining reverb, delay […]
- Zeppelin Design Labs Launches the Altura MkII Theremin and MIDI Controller In its own right, the theremin is an incredibly expressive instrument. But what if you could take that technique and apply it to a range of new sounds? Zeppelin Design Labs offers just […]
- Reverb’s Best-Selling Synths and Drum Machines of 2018 Reverb has become synonymous with that word that makes your heart skip a beat, raises a sweat on your brow: gear. Evidently, many of us couldn't resist temptation to hit the website and […]
- Noise Engineering Introduces Two Massive New Modules Boutique synth masters, Noise Engineering, have just launched two new modules. They're both massive 5U modules, with equally big names.
Big modules with a big sound. Noise Engineering […]