Korg has recently confirmed that there are tuning issues with their brand-new Prologue series. Users have complained that while repeatedly hitting a note the tuning can sometimes bend up or down by as much as 15 cents.
Old vintage and analogue synthesisers can be prone to tuning problems, however, it’s not something you’d expect to see on a 2018 Korg.
An official statement by Korg via Reddit post claims that the manufacturer is continuing to investigate the extent of the problem. Korg believes that the issue is the result of a software problem and that it is unlikely to get worse with time. The statement assured customers that they are working on a software update that to fix the problem.
“We take this matter very seriously, and assure Prologue dealers and end users that we are committed to correcting this issue with a user-installable software update by the end of 2018.
“Our ongoing commitment is to deliver the very highest-quality musical instruments. We apologize for any problems this issue may cause, and thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.”
- Korg Announce The Prologue: New Flagship Analogue Synth With Limitless Customisation Korg has had us swimming in announcements over the past two days, but perhaps the most exciting is the announcement of a new flagship analogue synth; the Prologue.
Somewhat of a bigger […]
- They grow up so fast! The microKORG Is Still In Production After Turning 15 Happy Birthday to the microKORG! The virtual analogue synthesiser was released a whopping 15 years ago this week, but what's most remarkable is that this bad boy is still in production as […]
- Download 100 Free ARP Odyssey Synth Patches With KORG’s Own Guide If you're a muso who's been driven mad by the lack of savable patches on the reissued Korg ARP Odyssey, this one is for you.
Korg themselves are responsible for a new patchbook […]
- The Inspiring Limitations of the Korg Volca Beats There’s a certain sweet spot with gear that represents the ideal convergence of usable options, and ease of playability. Too often in software, the gear is skewed towards presenting the […]
- Know Your Maker: 5 Albums Recorded Exclusively On Korg Synths A recent study proved that playing with fewer toys led to improved focus and heightened creativity. Admittedly, that study was conducted on toddlers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't […]
- Dave Smith Instruments Release the Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, Fit With New Surprises Dave Smith Instruments have officially released their Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, a new 16-voice analogue synthesiser.
As proud owners of the keyboard version, this is a pretty damn […]