Jimi Hendrix’s iconic 1967 Fuzz Face is going up for auction this weekend.
Jimi Hendrix’s iconic 1967 Arbiter Fuzz Face is going up for sale at an auction of property from the estate of Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell.
Mitch Mitchell, drummer for The Jimi Hendrix Experience, is auctioning off drums, mementos and other ’60s paraphernalia he picked up during his illustrious career, including an Arbiter Fuzz Face owned by Jimi himself.
The collection is heading under the hammer this Saturday at Julien’s Auctions Gallery in Los Angeles.
As Music Radar note, the pedal was made in 1967 and is nicely beat-up, although the exact recordings and gigs that Hendrix used this particular model on are yet to be verified. It is expected to fetch $8,000 and $10,000 (USD).
Other highlights of the collection include Mitchell’s drum kits – such as his beloved vintage Ludwig Silver Sparkle, The Rock and Roll Circus Gretsch drum kit, and his DW Siberian Tiger finish drum kit – psychedelic wardrobe, and record awards (including a multi-platinum award for Electric Ladyland).
Recently, more of Hendrix’s gear was sold off at auction, including his Woodstock Vox wah and Guild Thunderbass amp used in the early Experience days.
Check out more info on the auction here.
- Crunch and Atmosphere: Pedal Talk With WAAX Wild and Weak, the new EP from Brisbane's WAAX, is one of the most hard-hitting releases of the year so far. Part of this stem's from singer Maz De Vita's wailing vocals, which barrel […]
- Tape Warmth and Oscillating Delay: Pedal Talk With The Jim Mitchells Last year, The Jim Mitchells came out of nowhere and dropped Planet Absorbed, a flawless 6-track EP full of snappy, whacked-out garage psych tunes.
From the twangy madness of the EP's […]
- Epiphone Have Just Unveiled The Cheapest Les Paul Ever Released So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi […]
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- Green Day to Sell Old Gear On Their Official Reverb Store Did you have a punk phase inspired by American Idiot? Finally grown up and have a little cash to splash? Well, you might be happy to learn that Green Day is having a garage sale. The band […]
- Fender Have Built a Small Batch of Esquires Made from the Bench Seats of the Hollywood Bowl Fender are making a habit of building new gear from old materials. At Winter NAMM in January, they announced a (very, very) small batch of amplifiers that were constructed from wood […]