Jimi Hendrix’s iconic 1967 Fuzz Face is going up for auction this weekend.
Jimi Hendrix’s iconic 1967 Arbiter Fuzz Face is going up for sale at an auction of property from the estate of Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell.
Mitch Mitchell, drummer for The Jimi Hendrix Experience, is auctioning off drums, mementos and other ’60s paraphernalia he picked up during his illustrious career, including an Arbiter Fuzz Face owned by Jimi himself.
The collection is heading under the hammer this Saturday at Julien’s Auctions Gallery in Los Angeles.
As Music Radar note, the pedal was made in 1967 and is nicely beat-up, although the exact recordings and gigs that Hendrix used this particular model on are yet to be verified. It is expected to fetch $8,000 and $10,000 (USD).
Other highlights of the collection include Mitchell’s drum kits – such as his beloved vintage Ludwig Silver Sparkle, The Rock and Roll Circus Gretsch drum kit, and his DW Siberian Tiger finish drum kit – psychedelic wardrobe, and record awards (including a multi-platinum award for Electric Ladyland).
Recently, more of Hendrix’s gear was sold off at auction, including his Woodstock Vox wah and Guild Thunderbass amp used in the early Experience days.
Check out more info on the auction here.
- The Ampeg B-15: The Big Bottom End of the Motown Sound The history of music gear is littered with firsts. Some innovations, like those from the minds of Leo Fender and Les Paul are well documented. As is the race between Bob Moog and Alan R […]
- Google Unveils NSynth Super: An Open-Source Controller for Playing a Synth Algorithm Magenta, a research team at Google, have built a machine-learning algorithm for creating new sounds, NSynth, as well as a controller for combining those sounds, NSynth […]
- Danelectro Adds More Vintage Flair to its Lineup with the ’66T and ’59X If you're after some twangy goodness with a vintage feel, Danelectro has got you covered, with the introduction of the new (but old) '66T and '59X.
Take a walk down memory lane, with […]
- The NTS-1 is the New DIY Synthesizer Kit from KORG Synth kings KORG have recently dropped an official line of DIY-focused instruments under the Nu:Tekt banner, starting with the NTS-1. The NTS-1 is a programmable synth kit and is made to […]
- Mastering For Vinyl: The Process and Technique of a Decades-Old Craft In the past few years, we have seen a huge resurgence in vinyl as a format worldwide. Last year in Australia alone, $15.1 million worth of vinyl was bought by hungry consumers - both old […]
- Flower Pedals Launches the Dandelion Tremolo V2 Boutique manufacturer Flower Pedals have revealed the latest in the range - the Dandelion Tremolo V2. It begins with the sound that you might expect, but ends with something much […]