The Japanese electronics behemoth, Pioneer Corporation is weighing up whether or not to sell its 15% stake in Pioneer DJ. Reports suggest that they are expected to gain between 60 and 70 billion yen, which is more than half a billion US.
Despite racking up sales in the hundreds of millions as recently as last year, Pioneer Corporation is reportedly looking to sell its stake in the Pioneer DJ business.
The boardroom tumult hasn’t taken the wind out of Pioneer DJ’s sails. They’ve recently announced the DDJ-800 Controller and a 16 track hardware sequencer called SQUID. They control the lion’s share of the market in DJ mixers, turntables and other related products.
The current malaise could be due to a massive Pioneer Corporation restructure, which involved the sacking of 3,000 of its total workforce.
- Is KORG Set to Release the Minilogue XD this Year? KORG have been on a hot streak in recent times, with the Minilogue, Monologue and Prologue capitalising on the new wave of love for analog synthesis. As 2018 closed out, images of the […]
- That’s No Coffee Machine, That’s My Delay: The Story of the Binson Echorec The Binson Echorec. It's an odd name. You mightn't have heard of it, but you've definitely heard it. Where exactly? Oh, jeez I dunno, have you ever listened to Pink Floyd before? Or how […]
- Watch Look Mum No Computer Circuit Bend an Electronic Bible Have you ever wanted to circuit bend your electric Bible reader? No...? Didn't think so. Well just in case you did, the mad genius of synthesis, Look Mum No Computer's Sam Battle, has […]
- Keeley Unleashes the Retro Super Germanium Overdrive Pedal Oklahoma pedal masters, Keeley Electronics, have released the Retro Super Germanium Phat Mod. Ostensibly a distortion box, it covers everything from subtle drive to all-out fuzz, with a […]
- Manley Launches Limited Edition 30th Anniversary Dual Mic Preamp For the past few decades, Manley have forged a reputation for producing elite studio hardware. To celebreate their 30th birthday, the Californian manufacturer have announced a new all-tube […]
- Walrus Audio Unveils the Slö Multi Texture Reverb
Boutique pedal makers Walrus Audio have launched the Slö Multi Texture Reverb pedal. It's just the thing if you're looking for ambient tails with a deep and dreamy modulation. […]