In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they’ve mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled MS-101.
A new release, or simply a stunt? Behringer leave a provocative photo of their facebook page of the MS-101.
The news has been all Roland in the last few days – 808 day, then the announcement of the release of the TR-08 and SH-01A boutique models. Behringer seems to have joined in the fun (or attempted to steal Roland’s thunder) by dropping the photo with a tease of the synth, labelled “MS-101.”
Well, if this was one of Behringer’s latest creations, it would be hard to be surprised. They launched into the polysynth world with the Deepmind, then made a Minimoog clone with their Model D. It would certainly be a natural progression to offer up their take on the SH-101.
Or, they could simply be taking the piss. In any case, Behringer are moving aggressively into the synth space, so stay tuned.
- Behringer Share a Sneak Peek at their New Semi Modular Analog Synth: Neutron They're at it again. Behringer is dropping yet another new synth on the market. This time, however, it's not a clone of a previous classic. Instead, it's a new design called the […]
- Another Surprise from the Behringer Labs? It Looks Like a Roland Jupiter 8 Clone Could be in the Works A mysterious photo has emerged from the offices of Behringer. If it's true to form, a Roland Jupiter 8 clone could be on the agenda for Behringer's engineers.
Another surprise […]
- Behringer Reveals its Latest Clone of a Classic: This Time They’ve Taken on the Sequential Circuits Pro-One Originally from the same era as other archetypal analog monosynths, like the Roland SH-101, the Sequential Circuits Pro-One laid claim to many heavy basslines of the 80s. Behringer have […]
- Behringer Clarify Rumours Regarding Clones of Classic Synths & Drum Machines A few days ago, the global community of gear heads and music-makers lost their collective shit over rumours that Behringer were gearing up to release clones of a huge selection of classic […]
- Coming Soon: Dreadbox and Polyend are Set to Release the Medusa Analog Monosynth On their Facebook page, Dreadbox have teased a photo of the new Medusa synth, with the enigmatic caption, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."
Dreadbox and Polyend […]
- Are Roland About to Release a SH-101 Reissue? A leaked video suggests that Roland could be on the verge of releasing a reissue of the legendary SH-101.
The Roland SH-101 ranks among the legendary examples of the […]