Recently shown at this year’s Summer NAMM show as part of the mid-year Custom Shop collection, the new Phil Lynott Precision bass puts the power of ’70s rock in your hands. This feisty new four string celebrates the 50th anniversary of Thin Lizzy’s formation and offers players the playability of the original, with a few added bells and whistles.
The Thin Lizzy frontman made an important contribution to ’70s rock and roll. Influenced by Hendrix and Bob Dylan and touring with Aerosmith made Thin Lizzy a definitive pillar of hard rock. With smash hits like The Boys Are Back In Town their legacy is clear.
Fender’s latest Custom Shop release, the Phil Lynott Precision Bass, comes loaded with the same attitude of hard rock icons, Thin Lizzy.
No detail has been spared on this signature bass. Lynott’s signature mirrored pickguard sits alongside a hand-wound ’78 split-coil pickup. The 7.25” radius round lam rosewood fingerboard hosts 20 jumbo frets. Similarly, the body sports a Badass II high-mass bridge for extra sustain and clarity.
Other details include vintage ‘70s style tuning machines, a bone nut and round string tree. The bass comes packaged with a custom made leather strap and wristband as well as stylish mirrored aviator sunglasses. This is all sealed up in a Thin Lizzy anvil case with Fender’s certificate of authenticity.
For more information on the Phil Lynott Precision Bass visit the Fender website.
- Know Your Maker: 5 Albums Recorded Exclusively On Korg Synths A recent study proved that playing with fewer toys led to improved focus and heightened creativity. Admittedly, that study was conducted on toddlers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't […]
- For Guitars on the Move: BOSS Unveil The World’s First Wireless Amplifier The battery-powered Katana-Air amplifier from BOSS, teamed up with a custom wireless transmitter, offers guitar players the jam without any cables.
The BOSS Katana-Air Guitar […]
- Engineering The Sound: Bloc Party’s ‘Silent Alarm’ Formed in 2003, Bloc Party originally consisted of singer and rhythm guitarist Kele Okereke, lead guitarist Russell Lissack and bassist Gordon Moakes, with drummer Matt Tong joining soon […]
- Researchers Create New Noise Cancelling Acoustic Metamaterial Researchers at Boston University have created a groundbreaking new form of 'acoustic metamaterial' capable of cancelling up to 94% of sound energy. Professor Xin Zhang and Ph.D student […]
- Ableton’s CV Tools Controls Modular Synths in Live Ableton has released the beta version for CV Tools, a series of new Max for live plugins for controlling and modifying modular and CV gear. 10 plugins feature in the new package, which can […]
- Antares Releases Auto-Tune EFX+ It's the moment all you voice-warbling RnB producers have been waiting for, the release of Antares' Auto-Tune EFX+. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but for some, it's their […]