Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first peek inside the phenomenal Song Bird Guitar Museum, which boasts the largest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Located in the guitar capital of the world, Tennessee, the Songbirds Guitar Museum boasts an unparalleled display of guitar history between 1930 and 1970, with a particular focus on rare models from Fender, Gibson and Gretsch.
At any given time there are roughly 500 specimens on display, selected from cache of 1700 different models, which are reported to have a combined value of $200 million USD.
The drool-inducing collection is housed in a 7,500 square-foot space in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was a labour of love from David Davidson, a partner with We Buy Guitars in New York City and a member of the Songbirds Investment Group, that made the exhibit a reality.
The cream of the crop in the museum includes over 30 rare Gibson Sunburst Les Paul’s from 1958 through 1960, over 300 custom colour Fender guitars, a huge variety of ultra rare prototypes, six out of the eight two-pickup Fender Esquires ever made, over 45 classic “Bluegrass” flattops and a slew of guitars played by artists ranging from Jimi Hendrix to Chuck Berry.
You can see the first shots of the museum, thanks to reverb.com, below.
Check out more info on the museum via their website.
[all images via reverb.com
- Fender Launches the Troublemaker Tele: A Tribute to the Les Paul Fender have just released the latest in their line of Parallel Universe electric guitars - the Troublemaker Tele. Interestingly though, it seems to take its cues from that other guitar […]
- Gibson Announce New Signature Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Based off the design of their legendary 50s single cut Les Paul Jr, Gibson have announced a new Billie Joe Armstrong signature guitar.
By swapping the standard P90 for a single zebra […]
- Gibson Reissues ‘The Paul’ Les Paul For Its 40th Anniversary Gibson has faced some rocky times in the last few months with an impending bankruptcy.
However after a corporate restructuring, the brand seems to be focusing more on going back to […]
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- The most played, recorded & sought after amp in music history. An Ode to the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Fender have spawned countless classic pieces of musical equipment since the company's inception in 1946. Many have been innovative, some genre-defining while other have been flops (wrong […]
- Russell Crowe is Set to Say Goodbye to a Swag of Rare Guitars Movie star and guitar aficionado, Russell Crowe, is about to put a range of rare vintage guitars under the hammer. If you're in Sydney and have decidedly deep pockets, you could get […]