The Ibanez Tube Screamer has been the last word in overdrive for decades. To celebrate its 40th birthday, two new versions of the pedal are emerging. One, a limited edition ruby red remake of the classic. The other, a reinterpretation of the original, made in collaboration with Vemuram.
How do you improve on perfect? Ibanez has the answer. They’ve announced a limited edition remake and a reimagining of their iconic pedal, the Tube Screamer.
The ruby version of the pedal is only a cosmetic alteration. Its analog circuity and ever so simple design – featuring knobs for overdrive, tone and level – has been preserved for this limited edition TS808 model.
The TSV808 model was developed in conjunction with Japanese boutique manufacturer, Vemuram. It combines the customary mid forward character of the Tube Screamer with the Vemuram Jan Ray’s tone, which is reminiscent of the Fender’s Blackface amps of the 1960s.
Visit Ibanez for more information.
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]
- Study Links Fewer Toys to Increased Focus and Heightened Creativity It's the hard truth you never wanted to hear, the dirty little secret you've known in your heart your entire life. Yes, there is such a thing as too many toys.
A new study published in […]
- Maxon Announces 40th Anniversary OD808 Overdrive In 1979 a Japanese electronics engineer by the name of Susumu Tamura created an overdrive that was set to compete with the current ringleader, the Boss OD-1. In doing so, he created one of […]
- The Supro Keeley Custom Amp is the Perfect Platform for Pedals Supro and Keeley Electronics have collaborated to deliver the Supro Keeley Custom Amp. It dishes up an all-tube design, with an EQ section that's specially voiced to work with gain pedals […]
- Boss and JHS team up to Deliver the Angry Driver Distortion Pedal From the combined powers of Boss and JHS comes the Angry Driver - a devilish combo of the Boss Blues Driver and the JHS Angry Charlie.
The Angry Driver combines the best of both […]
- Vanflet Launches the Station 1 Amp in a Pedal Vanflet has debuted the Station 1 guitar amp. Or is it a guitar amp? Well, it certainly has the power, tone and connectivity you need for the studio, stage and even the bedroom.