The Ibanez Tube Screamer has been the last word in overdrive for decades. To celebrate its 40th birthday, two new versions of the pedal are emerging. One, a limited edition ruby red remake of the classic. The other, a reinterpretation of the original, made in collaboration with Vemuram.
How do you improve on perfect? Ibanez has the answer. They’ve announced a limited edition remake and a reimagining of their iconic pedal, the Tube Screamer.
The ruby version of the pedal is only a cosmetic alteration. Its analog circuity and ever so simple design – featuring knobs for overdrive, tone and level – has been preserved for this limited edition TS808 model.
The TSV808 model was developed in conjunction with Japanese boutique manufacturer, Vemuram. It combines the customary mid forward character of the Tube Screamer with the Vemuram Jan Ray’s tone, which is reminiscent of the Fender’s Blackface amps of the 1960s.
Visit Ibanez for more information.
- Study Links Fewer Toys to Increased Focus and Heightened Creativity It's the hard truth you never wanted to hear, the dirty little secret you've known in your heart your entire life. Yes, there is such a thing as too many toys.
A new study published in […]
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]
- Teenage Engineering Launch Two New Samplers: the KO! and Speak join the Pocket Operator Stable Innovative synth makers Teenage Engineering have just added to the already impressive lineage of Pocket Operators. The PO-35 Speak comes with a microphone and is perfect for sequencing […]
- Former Levi’s President James Curleigh to be New Gibson CEO Gibson has fallen on tough times as of late, particularly following the recent departure of their embattled former CEO, Henry Juszkiewicz. However, in a press release yesterday, the […]
- Chase Bliss Audio Announces Preamp MKII Pedal Boutique pedal makers, Chase Bliss Audio have just announced the Preamp MKII pedal. It's to be the first in a line of Automotone devices, which feature robotic controls.
It's a […]
- Slamming Sidechain Pumping is on Tap with the Duck Plugin Devious Machines have launched their latest plugin, simply titled, Duck. It does exactly the thing you would expect, creating dance floor-ready pumping effects.
Sidechain compression […]