The Ibanez Tube Screamer has been the last word in overdrive for decades. To celebrate its 40th birthday, two new versions of the pedal are emerging. One, a limited edition ruby red remake of the classic. The other, a reinterpretation of the original, made in collaboration with Vemuram.
How do you improve on perfect? Ibanez has the answer. They’ve announced a limited edition remake and a reimagining of their iconic pedal, the Tube Screamer.
The ruby version of the pedal is only a cosmetic alteration. Its analog circuity and ever so simple design – featuring knobs for overdrive, tone and level – has been preserved for this limited edition TS808 model.
The TSV808 model was developed in conjunction with Japanese boutique manufacturer, Vemuram. It combines the customary mid forward character of the Tube Screamer with the Vemuram Jan Ray’s tone, which is reminiscent of the Fender’s Blackface amps of the 1960s.
Visit Ibanez for more information.
- Study Links Fewer Toys to Increased Focus and Heightened Creativity It's the hard truth you never wanted to hear, the dirty little secret you've known in your heart your entire life. Yes, there is such a thing as too many toys.
A new study published in […]
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]
- The Big Apple of Compression: Baby Audio’s I Heart NY I Heart NY is the new compression plugin from Baby Audio. New York-style compression, more commonly known as parallel compression, is famously used to beef up drum tracks and add extra […]
- Alesis Unveils the Feature Packed Strike Multipad Percussion Pad Alesis has launched the Strike Multipad. It's a percussion pad that goes beyond performance and into the worlds of sampling, editing and looping.
The Strike Multipad from Alesis […]
- Around the World in 1200 Samples with Rast Sound’s ATLAS Rast Sound has released ATLAS, a new sample library featuring world music instrumentation from 14 cultures across the globe. The huge 1200 strong sample collection is geared to work with […]
- Roland Announces the Sharp New AX-Edge Keytar I know what you're thinking, and no this isn't a weapon wielded by armed guards from Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi. Yea, I'm sure. It's actually a new keytar from Roland. For those […]