What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender Stratocaster has been a mainstay of the guitar market since its launch in 1954. Along with Gibson’s Les Paul, it remains one of the most popular and most often emulated guitar bodies in the world.
Which is why it serves as such a great cornerstone for the market at large.
Price, finish and year: what determines the price of your Stratocaster, or the one you want to buy? Reverb has the answer.
The first (and likely the most important) aspect of Stratocaster sales examined was the year they were built. As we all know, older usually equals more expensive, but a small, inverse price rise did occur pre-1965 before Fender was taken over by CBS.
The below figures are for original, Sunburst Strats.
For figures on finishes, average price by year of production and way, way more, check out the full article on Reverb. It’s a beast of a read.
- Reverb has been Acquired by Etsy for $275 Million Since its birth a mere six years ago, the rise of the music gear focussed marketplace, Reverb, has been nothing short of meteoric. Most readers would have interacted with the site in some […]
- YouTuber is on a Quest to Nail Guitar World’s Top 100 Solos Kelly Dean Allen is a man on a mission. He's dared to go where others fear to tread, by climbing the Mount Everest of guitar-based challenges. He's out to demolish Guitar World's top 100 […]
- Here Are The Best Selling Synthesisers And Drum Machines Of 2017 What was the best selling synthesiser or drum machine of 2017? If you're interested in what the rest of the world are buying, this one's for you.
The good people of Reverb.com have put […]
- Foo Fighters’ Chris Shiflett Is Auctioning Off His Personal Guitar Collection Longtime lead guitarist of Foo Fighters, Chris Shiflett, has announced that he'll be auctioning off twenty of his own guitars through Reverb.
"I have an excess of guitars that I’ve […]
- David Gilmour’s Black Strat Sold for a World Record $3.9 Million Well, we knew it was going to go well. But this well? David Gilmour's Black Strat now wears the crown as the world's most expensive six string. It was sold at auction for $3.975 million […]
- The Most Played, Recorded & Sought After Amp in Music History – an Ode to the Fender Deluxe Reverb Fender have spawned countless classic pieces of musical equipment since the company's inception in 1946. Many have been innovative, some genre-defining while other have been flops (wrong […]