Guitar giants Gibson have announced that they will be launching a limited edition guitar, paying tribute to Chris Cornell. He was the lead singer of the iconic Seattle grunge band, Soundgarden, and died in 2017.
Chris Cornell flew the flag for the Seattle sound from the 90s until his untimely death in 2017. Gibson will a releasing a limited edition guitar in his honour.
The announcement preceded a concert in honour of the late singer and guitarist: I Am The Highway: A Tribute To Chris Cornell.
The gig’s massive lineup featured Metallica, Foo Fighters as well as members of Cornell’s projects, including Audioslave and of course, Soundgarden.
The guitar is basically a reissue of the his 2013 ES-335, with the addition of his signature on the headstock. Only 250 of this model will be made.
- Native Instruments Unveils the Straylight Soft Synth Straylight is the latest software synth from Native Instruments. It's a granular based virtual instrument that is aimed squarely at sound designers and media composers.
If you need to […]
- The Myths, Secrets and Stories About Why the Roland TR-808 Sounds the Way it Does Yes, welcome to another article praising the almighty, space age drum machine of all drum machines: the Roland TR-808. We are well aware of the multitude of articles discussing the legacy […]
- AudioThing Springs is a New Take on a Classic Reverb There's nothing quite like a vintage spring reverb. It's the sound that goes hand in glove with classic guitar amps, but isn't easy to recreate in the digital world. Yet, AudioThing has […]
- Get Ready to Get Wonky With 269 Free Glitch Samples It's wonky, it's weird, it's glitch. Always near the forefront of electronic experimentation, glitch music has spread its branches into uncharted territories over the past few years. From […]
- Ivan Richards Pedals: Rich Blues and Rich Fuzz For the past few decades, Ivan Richards has been serving the audio community with high quality custom builds and mods, centred around pedals, guitar amps, switch boxes and power supplies. […]
- Mood Lets You Explore Micro Loops and Alternate Dimensions Is it a delay? Is it a looper? Well, it seems to fulfil both roles and then some. Mood from Chase Bliss Audio uses two channels to its advantage, by bouncing audio back and forth between […]