Guitar giants Gibson have announced that they will be launching a limited edition guitar, paying tribute to Chris Cornell. He was the lead singer of the iconic Seattle grunge band, Soundgarden, and died in 2017.
Chris Cornell flew the flag for the Seattle sound from the 90s until his untimely death in 2017. Gibson will a releasing a limited edition guitar in his honour.
The announcement preceded a concert in honour of the late singer and guitarist: I Am The Highway: A Tribute To Chris Cornell.
The gig’s massive lineup featured Metallica, Foo Fighters as well as members of Cornell’s projects, including Audioslave and of course, Soundgarden.
The guitar is basically a reissue of the his 2013 ES-335, with the addition of his signature on the headstock. Only 250 of this model will be made.
- Netflix is Rolling Out Improvements to its Audio Quality Netflix is set to improve the quality of the audio on its streaming service. The optimised quality is aimed at viewers with streaming boxes, soundbars and surround sound […]
- The Myths, Secrets and Stories About Why the Roland TR-808 Sounds the Way it Does Yes, welcome to another article praising the almighty, space age drum machine of all drum machines: the Roland TR-808. We are well aware of the multitude of articles discussing the legacy […]
- Need 2,000 Tracks? The New Version of Logic Has You Covered Sure it's a bit of a facetious headline, but in the workflow of the modern media composer, or music producer, track counts can really add up. Though there have always been workarounds, […]
- Zeppelin Design Labs Launches the Altura MkII Theremin and MIDI Controller In its own right, the theremin is an incredibly expressive instrument. But what if you could take that technique and apply it to a range of new sounds? Zeppelin Design Labs offers just […]
- EssenceFM is Kodamo’s Hardware Synth of the Future FM synthesis has made quite the comeback of late. After the insane popularity of the Yamaha DX7 wained, this distinct digital architecture dipped as well, giving way to the renaissance of […]
- Behringer Celebrate 808 Day with a TR-808 Clone Under $400 It's the Behringer clone we all knew was coming. Today we've had our first look at the RD-808, a clone of Roland's infamous drum machine the TR-808.
The company surreptitiously dropped […]