Gibson has revealed their epic new range of 23 Custom Shop guitars. This marks a return to form for the iconic guitar company, which faced bankruptcy as recently as last year.
Gibson has launched a huge line of Custom Shop electric guitars. No longer in the doldrums, they’ve rebooted many of the classics from their golden era.
The collection reaches far into the back catalogue, with reissues of the ’59 Les Paul Standard, a quartet of Goldtop reissues, as well as more adventurous shapes, like the Flying V, Firebird and Explorer.
The new kid on the block is the “Les Paul Special Double Cut Figured Top”. Gibson describes it as follows:
“A mash up of several circa-1959 vintage Gibson models that looks, feels, and plays like a golden-era classic. We took a 1960 Les Paul Special Double Cut and added a figured maple top, body binding, Custombuckers, and an ABR-1 bridge and stop bar setup.”
Visit Gibson for more details.
- Gibson Launches the Lee Roy Parnell ’59 Les Paul Standard Gibson has teamed with blues and country luminary Lee Roy Parnell to deliver a signature '59 Les Paul standard. The new model takes its cues from classics of the past, as well as a bit of […]
- D’Angelico Launches the Deluxe Bob Weir Bedford Boutique New York guitar makers, D'Angelico have teamed up with a Grateful Dead icon, creating the Deluxe Bob Weir Bedford. Striking in sound and look, it combines retro elegance with […]
- Fender Launches the Rarities Red Mahogany Top Telecaster Fender has revealed the latest in it rarities collection. It's the Red Mahogany Top Telecaster and it combines only the best of tonewoods and pickups.
One for the top end of town. The […]
- Fender Unveils the Player Series of Electric Guitars and Basses Fender has announced a new line of 21 guitars and basses called the Player Series, which will replace the Standard Series, adding updates for a new generation.
For so long the […]
- Supro Takes Inspiration from the Past with the Tri Tone The new Tri Tone from Supro takes inspiration from rare Supro Triple Tone from 1959. Sixty years after the release of the original art deco masterpiece, the new version features some […]
- Shergold Launches Provocateur Single-Cutaway Electric Historic UK guitar brand, Shergold, has just revealed the Provocateur single-cutaway electric. It marks the second installment of the modern reinvention of the brand, designed in the UK by […]