After Joe Perry tweeted about a collaboration with Gibson Custom Shop in February, you could say he had our attention. The Aerosmith guitarist stated that he had been working with the company for three years to build a guitar that best represented him, the single pickup ‘Gold Rush’ Signature Les Paul.
Gibson has finally announced their latest model – the single pickup ‘Gold Rush’ Signature Les Paul, built in collaboration with Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry.
Gibson has finally announced the release of the new ‘Gold Rush’ Model’. It sports a single 498T humbucker pickup, however, it includes a Wilkinson/Gotoh VS100N two-point tremolo system. Also unique is the two tone knobs, one which has a push/pull coil-split function and the second, a single volume control. Of course, there’s no switch as there’s only one pickup.
The body is finished in an Antique Gold, hand aged at the Gibson Custom Shop and the mahogany neck has ’59 profile.
Joe Perry’s Gold Rush Signature Les Paul will be available in limited numbers, 25 signed and 125 unsigned models worldwide. For more information head to Gibson’s website.
- Puremagnetik Unveils the Eidolon Spectral Ensemble Machine
Puremagnetik has just released the Eidolon plugin as part of its Spark subscription service. It dishes up all kinds of modulated flavours, from deep delays, tremolos and even synthesis. […]
- Making the Switch – Enhancing Guitar Tones with Pedal Switchers It is an unwritten fact that guitarist and pedals are meant to be. The love affair has been unbroken for decades and will seemingly never end. The ability to alter a guitar’s tone, as well […]
- Battle of Tones Between iPad and Hardware Versions of the Korg ARP Odyssey In a series of videos from Marcus Padrini, the Korg ARP Odyssey is compared with its iPad clone, the Arp Odyssei.
If you need a detailed comparison between a Korg Arp Odyssey […]
- Recording 101: It’s Not The Size, Its How You Use It Recording music can be heartbreakingly expensive. Now we have that elephant out of the room, we’ve tried to list a few ways to ease this heartbreak. While there seems to be no way to spend […]
- Shergold Launches Provocateur Single-Cutaway Electric Historic UK guitar brand, Shergold, has just revealed the Provocateur single-cutaway electric. It marks the second installment of the modern reinvention of the brand, designed in the UK by […]
- Limitless Tone Control: Chase Bliss Announce The Condor Analog EQ/Pre/Filter Pedal The team at Chase Bliss Audio has just revealed their newest creation, the Condor EQ, preamp and filter.
Chase Bliss Audio's Condor stompbox gives channel strip level control […]