Plugin developers Soundtoys have dropped a new device on the market, the Little Plate reverb, which marks their first entry into dedicated reverb plugins. Best of all, it’s free for a limited time.
Who doesn’t need a new (and free) reverb? Soundtoys have you covered with their brand new plate emulation, the Little Plate.
Sure, it’s inspired by a notable piece of hardware, the EMT 140, but in typical Soundtoys style, the plugin goes beyond a literal translation of the original’s attributes.
Soundtoys tell us that, “While the original reverb could only muster a modest five seconds of reverberation time, we pushed that number higher. A lot higher.” In fact, you can push up the reverb time to infinity.
Other tweakage available includes modulation at the flick of a switch and a handy low cut filter for cleaning up the reverb tail.
More info, including sound demos, are available at Soundtoys.
- A Tidal Wave of Change: Behind the Scenes of Progressive Rock in the 60s If the 1950s was the dawn of rock ‘n’ roll, then the ‘60s were dedicated to advancement in the form of a tidal wave known as “progressive rock.” In a nutshell, prog rock was what happened […]
- Density and Clarity: Talking ‘Southern Mind’ With Lowtide Since releasing their self-titled debut in 2014, Melbourne's Lowtide have carved a name for themselves in Australian rock with crystalline grace. Lowtide was defined by chasmic guitars, […]
- Watch Andy Martin Demo his 7 Favourite Pedals From NAMM Yep, it's NAMM time again. It's basically Christmas for gearheads, especially if you're inclined to a pedal or two. But with hundreds of manufacturers and even more new releases, it's easy […]
- Lavish Pickups, Complex Switching and Stereo Outputs: An Appreciation of Bizarre Japanese Guitars from the 60s Vintage Japanese-made guitars exude some of the most unique designs to ever have emerged on the market, often blurring the fine line between beauty and monstrosity.
In the […]
- Megaverb from Goodhertz is the Best “Bad” Reverb Money Can Buy The digital revolution that swept through the audio industry in the 70s and 80s totally transformed the sound of reverb. Megaverb, the new plugin from Goodhertz, takes the best (and worst) […]
- Take Full Control Of Your Studio With The Electra One From the amazing mind of Martin Pavlas comes Electra One - the solution to every producer's MIDI mapping problems. Electra One is a MIDI controller, USB host and MIDI USB interface that is […]