Alan Parsons, the studio legend who has worked with the Beatles and Pink Floyd, as well as cultivating an expansive career as an artist, is spearheading a new recording masterclass. The sessions will take place at his new studio in California in late July.
A true legend of the studio – as an engineer and an artist – Alan Parsons is keen to share his expertise with a lucky few at a masterclass in his California studio.
Parsonics, his new facility in Santa Barbara is playing host to the three day masterclass. The sessions will be run by Parsons and a selection of audio specialists and tutors. At the centre of the studio is a Neve 5088 console.
Day one of the seminar is aimed at giving music educators the tools to teach a music tech program. Sessions that offering advice on choosing a DAW, how to find students work in the industry, plus the hands on experience of recording an acoustic guitar and vocal.
Day two focuses on mixing. This encompasses mix preparation, automation, creative applications plus a chat with Parsons about the differences in approach between stereo and surround sound mixing.
Day three is a deep dive into recording a full band. Attendees will learn how to efficiently structure the day by setting goals, track rhythm section instruments, then overdub other instruments, vocals and do a rough mix.
If you can get yourself to California, it’ll be well worth the trip. Check out the ASSR website for more details.
- EarthQuaker Devices Unveils the Limited Edition Black Ash Endangered Fuzz If you like dark, vintage fuzz tones, you need to get moving because this one's about to go extinct. EarthQuaker's new Black Ash Endangered Fuzz is based on the almost-mythical three-knob […]
- The first lot of Stud Walls are up. Double Gyprock and inside-out frame work The walls in a recording studio are built inside out. That is to say the stud work is on the outside and the Gyprock is facing inwards towards the existing room. Regardless of whether the […]
- Audio Recording Services Enmore Audio can cater for a broad range of audio recording requirements.
Voiceovers, for example, can be completed for all kinds of commercial, broadcast or narrative scenarios, with […]
- 4 Vintage Underdog Synths You Probably Don’t Know About But Definitely Should While we can all agree that squelchy filtered Moog bass or lush Juno pads are a surefire way to get the people slipping into their dance pants, it’s always a good idea to read up on those […]
- Gibson Launches the Lee Roy Parnell ’59 Les Paul Standard Gibson has teamed with blues and country luminary Lee Roy Parnell to deliver a signature '59 Les Paul standard. The new model takes its cues from classics of the past, as well as a bit of […]
- This Is Not Rocket Science Reveals the Wobbler LFO Module The Wobbler, from Dutch synth masters This Is Not Rocket Science is an advanced LFO module. According to the company, it's "a modulation source that adds controlled chaos to your […]