Alan Parsons, the studio legend who has worked with the Beatles and Pink Floyd, as well as cultivating an expansive career as an artist, is spearheading a new recording masterclass. The sessions will take place at his new studio in California in late July.
A true legend of the studio – as an engineer and an artist – Alan Parsons is keen to share his expertise with a lucky few at a masterclass in his California studio.
Parsonics, his new facility in Santa Barbara is playing host to the three day masterclass. The sessions will be run by Parsons and a selection of audio specialists and tutors. At the centre of the studio is a Neve 5088 console.
Day one of the seminar is aimed at giving music educators the tools to teach a music tech program. Sessions that offering advice on choosing a DAW, how to find students work in the industry, plus the hands on experience of recording an acoustic guitar and vocal.
Day two focuses on mixing. This encompasses mix preparation, automation, creative applications plus a chat with Parsons about the differences in approach between stereo and surround sound mixing.
Day three is a deep dive into recording a full band. Attendees will learn how to efficiently structure the day by setting goals, track rhythm section instruments, then overdub other instruments, vocals and do a rough mix.
If you can get yourself to California, it’ll be well worth the trip. Check out the ASSR website for more details.
- 3 Pieces of Handy Gear to Unlock a Better Audio Workflow It would be easy to wax lyrical about incredible vibe machines that populate the world’s favourite studios. Yet, the pieces that grease the wheel and keep a recording studio functional are […]
- Dave Smith Instruments Release the Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, Fit With New Surprises Dave Smith Instruments have officially released their Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, a new 16-voice analogue synthesiser.
As proud owners of the keyboard version, this is a pretty damn […]
- Talking Vintage Amps and Beastie Boys With The Loudest Band in Sydney, Zeahorse Zeahorse are a force to be reckoned with. If you've ever seen the Sydney four-piece live, you'll know how much impact they have: pummelling baritone guitars, cavernous vocals, and a […]
- 4 Ideas For Conquering The Blank Canvas In Ableton Live Sometimes the hardest part of any production or creation can be, "where do I start"? Sometimes you sit down and the magic just happens. But sometimes you just need a little idea to help […]
- Ableton User? Live 10 Is Now In Its Beta Stage – Check Out All The New Features Ableton have announced that their long-awaited update Live 10 is now its beta stage, and is ready to download for all existing Live 9 or Suite owners and to buy for new users.
- Chatting Experimental Setups and Heavily Layered Guitars With DZ Deathrays DZ Deathrays have been lords of Australian party-punk for closing in on a decade now, and it doesn't look like they'll be slowing down any time soon. Their latest single Total Meltdown […]