Future Audio Workshop has announced the new SubLab plugin. It’s aiming to be a one-stop-shop for creating massive hip hop, future bass and trap bass lines.
Wondering how hip hop and trap producers create seismic bass lines? SubLab is a new plugin that gives up the tricks in one environment.
The plugin works in a few simple steps. Firstly, you need to the load a sample into the software, which can be your own, or a selection of one of the internal bass packs.
You then have wide range of options for processing the sound. There a range of different synth wave shapes to choose from, which informs the tonal characters of the bass.
Distortion is a well known technique to help sub bass translate over a range of media – it’s also available here. The obligatory sidechain compressor is on hand to make space for thumping kicks as well.
To find out more, head over to Future Audio Workshop.
- Harness The Crackly, Warbly Goodness of a Worn-Out VHS Tape With This Free Plug-In There are a plethora of plug-in options out there for tapping into the saturated, warbly goodness of a reel-to-reel tape machine, or even a shitty cassette recorder. But if you're after […]
- A Beginners Guide to Getting the Most out of Your Guitar, Pedal, Amp Combo Guitars are popular - just about everyone wants to learn the guitar at one point in time and audiences in all global spheres are familiar with the sound. But with the proliferation of […]
- Energy, Inspiration and the Big Picture: Making Records with Dan Frizza Dan Frizza is a multifaceted studio pro, working as a recording and mix engineer, producer and musician. After cutting his teeth at Big Jesus Burger, he's been part of the fabric of many […]
- Death By Audio Launches the Waveformer Destroyer MK2 Lords of the stompbox, Death By Audio have just released the Waveformer Destroyer MK2. It's one of the most diverse and destructive distortion pedals on the market, with 2,048 possible […]
- Nathan Sheehy’s Favourite Mics of All Time 1/5 Shure SM7b
Nathan: This guy is a shoe-in for almost any male rock vocal. No thrills but on point. I find it so malleable to mix into a loud track especially with vocalists that don't […]
- Fender Showcase New Offset Series with Awesome Videos from SLAVES, BØRNS, Shlohmo and More We gotta hand it to the Fender marketing team, the campaign around the new Offset Series is bloody brilliant. To showcase the new range, they asked five artists to make a video showing off […]