Longtime lead guitarist of Foo Fighters, Chris Shiflett, has announced that he’ll be auctioning off twenty of his own guitars through Reverb.
“I have an excess of guitars that I’ve gotten over the years—I have more than I could even really play and more than I do play,” he said.
Starting tomorrow, Foo Fighters’ lead guitarist Chris Shiflett will be auctioning off twenty guitars from his huge personal collection.
Among the guitars going up for sale will be a 1960’s Vox Phantom VI Black, a Gretsch Brian Setzer Signature Black Phoenix, the first Fender Chris Shiflett Signature Telecaster Deluxe prototype, and the 2002 Gibson Firebird V Reissue used in Foo Fighters’ All My Life music video.
“It would be fun to see these things find a home elsewhere, where somebody’s going to actually play them and put scratches on them,” Shiflett continued.
“I’m going to take these 20 guitars and turn them into two guitars. That’s kind of my plan.”
Shiflett joined Foo Fighters in 1999, following Pat Smear’s departure from the band, and is also currently a member of Me First And The Gimme Gimmes
The auction is set to kick off July 19th. Check out more over at the Reverb website.
- Legendary New York Guitar Shop Carmine Street Guitars Is Getting Its Own Documentary This September at the Venice Film Festival, a new Ron Mann-directed documentary about the legendary New York City guitar store Carmine Street Guitars will be premiered.
Simply titled […]
- Watch Ruben Neeson Perform Moonlit Spell Live at Enmore Singer songwriter Ruben Neeson was recently welcomed to the Live at Enmore studio. Keeping it stripped back, he delivered a chilling performance of his latest single, Moonlit […]
- Reverb has been Acquired by Etsy for $275 Million Since its birth a mere six years ago, the rise of the music gear focussed marketplace, Reverb, has been nothing short of meteoric. Most readers would have interacted with the site in some […]
- Samples From Mars Release Free 808 Sample Pack Samples From Mars have released a new free TR-808 sample pack titled 808 From Mars. The sample pack features two new 16x hit drum kits, recorded through the company's API console to […]
- Red Bull Music Academy and Tatsuya Takahashi Launch Electronic Music Tutorial Series Red Bull Music Academy and former Korg Chief Engineer, Tatsuya Takahashi have teamed up to launch a new video series titled First Patch, an "educational series designed to give you the […]
- Celebrate 808 Day With This New Look At The Drum Machine’s 2015 Documentary It's August 8th... which means it's 808 day; a whole day for gear heads from all over the world to celebrate the legendary Roland TR-808 drum machine.
Today, in celebration of this […]