“Apollo 11” is a new documentary which features previously unseen footage of NASA’s first successful moon landing in 1969.
It’s soundtrack, composed by Matt Morton, features a combination of electronic and orchestral elements, only using instruments that would have been available in 1969.
Step inside the uniquely authentic soundtrack to “Apollo 11”. It’s a rich blend of orchestra and electronic instruments, that only uses sounds that were available at the time of the moon landing.
Key electronics instruments included synths like the Moog Modular IIIc, the Binson Echorec 2 tube echo and the enigmatic sound of the 60s, the Mellotron.
Watch Matt Morton demonstrating his Moog Modular system below. No doubt a sound befitting an epic space adventure.
Find out more about Matt Morton’s work on his website and download the soundtrack via Amazon.
- Watch as the Secrets of the Terminator 2 OST are Revealed Youtuber and synthesist extraordinaire, Alex Ball, has created a documentary outlining gear and techniques behind the Terminator 2 soundtrack. It's a fascinating insight into compositional […]
- Pinar Toprak’s Captain Marvel Soundtrack Unveiled Captain Marvel, the latest epic in the Marvel series features an equally expansive soundtrack from the mind of Pinar Toprak. The score features all the daring and emotional extremes that […]
- Roland Adds the Legendary TB-303 to Their Cloud Suite Happy 303 day! To celebrate, Roland have welcomed the icon of acid to their growing family of software instruments, the TB-303.
March 3 (303 day) seems as apt a time as any to […]
- Mark Verbos Reflects on Designing Modular Synths Mark Verbos, one the world's eminent modular synth creators has shared his thoughts, and demonstrated one of his rigs, in a video from Red Bull Music Academy.
Modular legend […]
- Elektron Unveils Analog Heat MKII Sound Processor Elektron has just released the Analog Heat MKII. It does just about anything you can think of in the realm of distortion and creative filtering. And with its I/O capabilities, it promises […]
- Emulating the Synth Sounds of Blade Runner on a microKORG The Blade Runner soundtrack, composed by Vangelis, looms large in the canon 80s analog synthesis. Youtuber StrangeQuarkStar has recreated an especially memorable melodic brass patch on the […]