Plugin maestros iZotope have enjoyed a long established reputation for excellent software suites (focusing on music production, mastering and audio restoration in particular). Pro Audio Essentials might have escaped your attention though. It’s a course that gives you the basics on EQ, compression and digital audio.
Pro Audio Essentials from iZotope provides a crash course in a few crucial elements of audio engineering, including digital audio, compression and EQ.
In the EQ section of the course, you can practise boosting and cutting across the frequency spectrum as you listen to a track, and test yourself by listening to different degrees and qualities of EQ.
The compression section takes you through a plethora of compression types, including compressor controls, listening for dynamics and techniques like sidechaining.
Digital audio basics covers potentially opaque aspects, including sample rates, bit depth and lossy audio.
Visit the site for more details.
- Compression Made Minimal: Meet the Korvpressor Plugin Swedish plugin master Klevgrand have released the latest version of the Korvpressor. It's a piece of software that eschews the retro trend, favouring an elegant, easy to understand […]
- Brainworx bx_console E Adds New Realism to Channel Strip Plugins Brainworx have just released bx_console E, their emulation promising to turn your DAW into a 72 channel SSL E series console.
The bx_console E is the Brainworx tribute to the […]
- Project Studio Essentials Part IV: Monitors and Headphones Listening back to your work with a critical ear is an essential link in the production chain. To judge the audio without prejudice, and to hear the “truth” of your mixes, you’ll need to […]
- IK Multimedia is Giving Away Its T-RackS Quad Compressor For Free! There's nothing quite like a free plugin. For one week only IK Multimedia is giving away its T-RackS Quad compressor for free. The only catch is you have to sign up to their newsletter, so […]
- Engineering the Sound: Vampire Weekend ‘Modern Vampires of the City’ The objective of Vampire Weekend’s third record was simple: “fresh and new, or die!”
For this reason, the group reached out for the first time for an external co-producer, to assist […]
- Presonus Unveils Upgrade to their DAW – Studio One 4.5 Presonus has launched the latest incarnation of their DAW. Studio One has reached version 4.5 and boasts more than 70 new improvements, working from a robust, customer-curated […]