Red Bull Music Academy have delivered an interactive animated map of the one-and-only Roland TR-808 drum machine.
Check out this animated, interactive guide to the fabled anatomy of the Roland TR-808 by Red Bull Music Academy. What’s not to love?
For a one page guide, the information you can glean is surprisingly deep. A quick browse through 808 listings on ebay mean that this is as close as many will get to touching one in real life.
RBMA split the guide into three views – a front panel view that carefully labels all the controls on the surface of the machine. The second is a transparent view, which details the electronic components of the 808 and lastly a quick lesson on creating a simple rhythm.
Best of all, you can click and drag on the images, spinning the device around, which functions so smoothly, it’s like holding the iconic beat machine in your hands.
Check it out the RBMA graphic here.
- First Audio Demos of Behringer’s RD-808 have Surfaced at Knobcon Behringer's clone of the Roland TR-808, the RD-808 has been creating a buzz ever since the first pictures of the prototype came to light last month. Thanks to a demo at Knobcon, we […]
- Red Bull Music Academy and Tatsuya Takahashi Launch Electronic Music Tutorial Series Red Bull Music Academy and former Korg Chief Engineer, Tatsuya Takahashi have teamed up to launch a new video series titled First Patch, an "educational series designed to give you the […]
- The RBMA-20 is the World’s Largest Step Sequencer Red Bull Music & Culture has just unveiled the RBMA-20, which is the world's biggest groovebox. It's 10 metres long, 600kgs and is armed with 427 knobs.
The RBMA-20, from […]
- Mark Verbos Reflects on Designing Modular Synths Mark Verbos, one the world's eminent modular synth creators has shared his thoughts, and demonstrated one of his rigs, in a video from Red Bull Music Academy.
Modular legend […]
- A Short History of The Roland TB-303 Bassline, the Little Oddball That Changed Dance You could call Roland’s TB-303 a happy little accident - a happiness that bore as many smiles on ravers sweating faces, as on the T-Shirts they wore (or the ecstasy tablets in their […]
- Listen to the First Techno Album Made Entirely by Robots Moritz Simon Geist has just released a techno record made entirely by robots. The builder and musician released the four-track EP on October 12, with the full album to follow in […]