So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi Hendrix Strat, Ed O’Brien Strat and a Justin Meldal–Johnsen Mustang bass.
Now Epiphone have stolen the spotlight, with the announcement of a new range, which includes a $99 Les Paul.
Epiphone announce a new range at Summer NAMM, which includes a $99 Les Paul – the cheapest model of the guitar ever released.
The Epiphone Les Paul SL is set to feature dual ceramic ‘Epiphone Open Coil Humbuckers’, a 60s-style SlimTaper D Profile hard maple neck with a lightweight poplar body.
It will be avaliable in six colours exclusive to the model: Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Pacific Blue, Sunset Yellow, Turquoise, and Vintage Sunburst. Its retail price starts at just $99.99 (roughly $130 AUD), making it the cheapest Les Paul ever produced – and you can’t really argue with that.
The Epiphone Les Paul SL is set to hit stores in September 2017. Keep an eye on the Epiphone website for more info.
Aside from their budget LP, Epiphone also announced a limited edition James Bay Signature “1966” Century Outfit, a new Les Paul studio, a SG Special, and an Embassy pro bass.
Check out Epiphone’s full list of new products from Summer NAMM 2017.
- Fender Have Built a Small Batch of Esquires Made from the Bench Seats of the Hollywood Bowl Fender are making a habit of building new gear from old materials. At Winter NAMM in January, they announced a (very, very) small batch of amplifiers that were constructed from wood […]
- Antelope Audio Expands Edge Series with Three New Models Antelope Audio have added three new microphones to their Edge series. The three large diaphragm condensers cover cardioid, multi pattern and 360 degree configurations, while modelling some […]
- Watch a Sound Design Masterclass from the Composers of ‘Cleaning Up’
The composers of British TV series Cleaning Up have shown what goes into its bespoke soundscape. The mini documentary is courtesy of Spitfire Audio. Luckily for us, there's a sample pack […]
- Elysia Unveils the Skulpter 500 Tone Shaping Preamp 500 series preamps have enjoyed exponential growth in maturity and cleverness in recent years. The Skulpter 500 from Elysia is no exception, packing an awful lot of punch for its […]
- Voice Over Recording with Enmore Audio The right voiceover recording can be a critical part of a successful sonic brand. Enmore Audio has the capacity to deliver voice over recordings with energy and character, suitable for […]
- Tape Warmth and Oscillating Delay: Pedal Talk With The Jim Mitchells Last year, The Jim Mitchells came out of nowhere and dropped Planet Absorbed, a flawless 6-track EP full of snappy, whacked-out garage psych tunes.
From the twangy madness of the EP's […]