So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi Hendrix Strat, Ed O’Brien Strat and a Justin Meldal–Johnsen Mustang bass.
Now Epiphone have stolen the spotlight, with the announcement of a new range, which includes a $99 Les Paul.
Epiphone announce a new range at Summer NAMM, which includes a $99 Les Paul – the cheapest model of the guitar ever released.
The Epiphone Les Paul SL is set to feature dual ceramic ‘Epiphone Open Coil Humbuckers’, a 60s-style SlimTaper D Profile hard maple neck with a lightweight poplar body.
It will be avaliable in six colours exclusive to the model: Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Pacific Blue, Sunset Yellow, Turquoise, and Vintage Sunburst. Its retail price starts at just $99.99 (roughly $130 AUD), making it the cheapest Les Paul ever produced – and you can’t really argue with that.
The Epiphone Les Paul SL is set to hit stores in September 2017. Keep an eye on the Epiphone website for more info.
Aside from their budget LP, Epiphone also announced a limited edition James Bay Signature “1966” Century Outfit, a new Les Paul studio, a SG Special, and an Embassy pro bass.
Check out Epiphone’s full list of new products from Summer NAMM 2017.
- Mixing in Buckets: Waves Unveils the CLA MixHub Plugin Waves has again teamed up with legendary mix engineer Chris Lord-Alge to deliver the CLA MixHub plugin. It aims to change your mix workflow by allow you to access eight channels at a […]
- Remembering Three Forgotten Vintage British Amp Manufacturers The UK has birthed its fair share of noteworthy guitar amp manufacturers in the last century. However, despite promising starts, some of these have never made the impact that say, Vox or […]
- The Sony C-800G – the Recording Enigma that Achieved Immortality Like few other pieces of studio gear, microphones tend to fall into a strict hierarchy. There are the indestructible staples - the Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD 421, AKG D112, BeyerDynamic […]
- The Jazzmaster is 60 and Fender has Celebrated with Three New Models Fender is set to release three new limited edition versions of the influential Jazzmaster to celebrate its 60th birthday.
One of the most elegant and innovative Fender guitars […]
- The Star Shepherd is DIY Synth from the Mind of Legowelt Dutch producer and synth master Legowelt has revealed his DIY creation, the Star Shepherd. Modded, hacked and built from old guitar pedals and a keyboard, it's customised synthcraft at its […]
- Effect Systems as Instruments and The Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ Korg has long been revered for its innovative contributions to music technology. In 1999 they first introduced the Kaoss Pad, a powerful effects processor where parameters are controlled […]