Early last year, Electro-Harmonix released a brand new compact delay and looper pedal, the Canyon, which was quickly picked up as one of the finest new delays at its price range on the market.
Now they’ve announced the release of its bigger brother, the Grand Canyon Delay and Looper, a beefed-up version of the Canyon with a slew of new features. Take a look at it below!
Electro-Harmonix have released the Grand Canyon Delay & Looper, a beefed up version of the Canyon Delay with a slew of new features. Check it out below.
While the Canyon boasted 10 different delay types in a small package, the bigger Grand Canyon crams in two new types, Drum and Doubler.
Drum is an emulation of a magnetic drum echo such as the Binson Echorec, made famous, of course, by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. Doubler thickens up a mono signal or creates a stereo spread using the pedal’s stereo outputs.
The looper has been beefed up too, with up to 16 minutes of recording time. This includes unlimited overdubs, undo/redo, dedicated stop button, loop fade-out, reverse and speed adjust.
The pedal provides superior sound quality, up to three seconds of delay time, tap tempo and nine tap divide settings, stereo output, 13 presets, programmable EXP pedal settings, high quality analog bypass with soft switching.
Find out more about the Grand Canyon here. See the full list of delay types below.
1. ECHO – pristine 24-bit digital delay with available bit crush/sample rate reduction and low/high pass filtering
2. MOD – Modulated delay, yields rich flanger, chorus, vibrato, warble and more
3. MULTI – Multi-tap delay, set the exact number of echo repeats up to 31. Includes adjustable swell or decay volume envelopes on repeats.
4. REVERSE – Reverse delay, an easy-to-use reverse delay with an intelligent pick detection algorithm for great sounding reverse echoes
5. DMM – Deluxe Memory Man, re-creates the luscious tone of EHX ‘s legendary bucket-brigade delay pedal
6. TAPE – Tape Delay, simulates the organic sound of an analog tape, echo machine including tape distortion, wow and flutter
7. REVERB – Plate reverb plus echo. A reverberant echo where each repeat is followed by a wash of gorgeous plate reverb. Can also be used as a pure reverb without the delay
8. PITCH – EHX’s critically acclaimed polyphonic pitch shifting plus digital delay provides pitch-shifted echoes and cascading echo repeats
9.SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted wash of shimmering soundscapes
10. SAMPLE/HOLD – Sample and hold, senses a note being played and produces echoes indefinitely until another note is detected
11. DRUM – Magnetic drum echo that faithfully emulates a classic Binson Echorec® style delay. Features an assortment of playback head configurations that let you create musical, rhythmic, echo patterns
12. DOUBLE – Thickens up a mono signal or creates a stereo spread. Includes detune and delay time offset of the left and right outputs
13. LOOPER – Looper with up to 16 minutes of recording time. Includes unlimited overdubs, undo/redo, dedicated stop button, loop fade-out, reverse and speed adjust.