Air. You can’t live with it and you sure can’t live without it. The basic fundamental of a sound proof space (lets forget about sound treatment and acoustics for a moment) is that it is in essence an airlock. Nothing in and nothing out. Given that we’re dealing with rooms not much bigger than 16 square meters or 32 cubic meters by my count it’s safe to say that after a half day session you’re starting to run out of oxygen.
It is absolutely essential to have ducted air conditioning in a recording studio which is an air lock and therefore liable to be depleted of oxygen
Apart from the air con system and ducting it has been pretty boring here for the last week. An additional layer of flooring went down which you can’t see, all the walls are up and they all look the same so photos would have proven nothing and a heap of measuring and quoting and sample picking went on. In other exciting news, we had a heap of rubbish after this, and had to get the rubbish removal guys in.
As you can see Dr. Who has paid us a visit and punched a few holes in our heritage listed walls ensuring future sale is impossible. I’m starting to wonder if we really did need air in the studio… Surely we could have opened the door every few hours?
- Download More Than 1700 Free Drum Samples You can't really have too many drum samples, a library of thousands of samples is only going to give you more options when it comes to building your perfect sampler. Now here's a scoop for […]
- Roland’s New BTM-1 Lets You Jam Along to Your Favourite Songs
Roland is having a crack at the wireless market with the new BTM-1, a Bluetooth speaker with a built-in standard 1/4 inch input, enabling you to plug in and play your preferred […]
- Watch In Awe As This Man Powers Up A 100-Oscillator Synth How many oscillators is too many oscillators? Is there such a thing?
If you've never happened across the mad genius of Youtuber LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER, you've seriously been missing out. […]
- Enmore Audio | Mastering Studio Enmore Audio's mastering studio offers a wide range of mastering services and can tailor your master to suit an array of contrasting listening environments. Our control room, “The Kitchen” […]
- JBL’s New LIVE 650BTNCs Offer the Latest in Affordable Wireless Sound JBL's new LIVE range has been tuned for the urban music enthusiast, offering modern connectivity and noise cancellation with a sleek, timeless design.
JBL states that "Whether you’re […]
- Crunch and Atmosphere: Pedal Talk With WAAX Wild and Weak, the new EP from Brisbane's WAAX, is one of the most hard-hitting releases of the year so far. Part of this stem's from singer Maz De Vita's wailing vocals, which barrel […]