Back in the 1990s, samplers released by the likes of Akai and E-Mu gave producers of breakbeat music never-before-seen freedoms. Now, Noisegate is giving away a free sampler for Ableton Live 10 that is honouring the sounds that made Jungle a reality.
Download a free 90s style Jungle and Drum & Bass sample rack for Ableton Live 10 courtesy of Noisegate.
Early samplers from the 1990s used time stretching and crunchy bitrates to cut and play old soul and funk drum loops, namely the ‘Amen Break’. These warped and sped up samples set the sonic aesthetic for Jungle and eventually drum and bass.
Noisegate has created an instrument rack that uses multiple simpler modules with their own breakbeat samples. You can also chop and splice as you like and load in your own beat samples.
“With this Ableton Instrument rack we’ve attempted to capture that essence, by mapping a handful of Simpler modules carrying drum breaks across the MIDI note range — but not so every note triggers a different drum break. Each sample is mapped to glide over a few MIDI notes, so you can experiment with pitching the samples without leaving the instrument or having to automate the pitch. That’s why we couldn’t use a Drum Rack for this one,” states Noisegate.
Head over to Noisegate for the free download.
- Fingerlab Announces the SK-51 Sampling Keyboard App Fingerlab's SK-51 app is a tribute to the Casio SK-1 and SK-5 sampling keyboards from the 80s. Notoriously cheap and gritty, they've nevertheless made their mark, being used by artists […]
- Watch a Video Demonstration of Wavetable, the New Synth Shipping with Ableton Live 10 Last week Ableton broke the news about Live 10, their comprehensive new update which is due to land in 2017. The feature list was seemingly endless, but aside from native Max For Live […]
- Download 167 Stab Samples For Free They might only last a second, but the impact of a stab can be infinitely profound. Slotting a few into your track can be great for creating catchy hooks and could just be the thing that […]
- Sampleradar Offers 260 ‘Tribal Adventures Samples’ for Free Sometimes you need a very particular type of drum, I'm not talking clean or crisp or snappy or tight. I mean big, boomy and powerful. But finding a nice fat tom sample can be hard, […]
- Olympia Noise Co Releases The Patterning 2 App for iPad Olympia Noise Co have updated their award-winning drum-pad app Patterning, with version two offering a suite of new creative possibilities.
Patterning 2 allows you to use your iPad to […]
- Get Ready to Get Wonky With 269 Free Glitch Samples It's wonky, it's weird, it's glitch. Always near the forefront of electronic experimentation, glitch music has spread its branches into uncharted territories over the past few years. From […]