In July, Dinosaur Jr is putting on Camp Fuzz. It’s a full blown rock and roll camp that will feature interviews, clinics, live performances and more. Surely one of the drawcards for the event will be a Q&A featuring My Bloody Valentine’s Kevin Shields and Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis.
Gear clinics, live performances and… financial planning? Camp Fuzz promises to be a hell of a weekend, with Kevin Shields and J Mascis chatting guitars.
Located at the Full Moon Resort, in upstate New York, Camp Fuzz treat guests to in depth clinics from on drums and guitar, with one surprise seminar being a financial planning session with comedian Fred Armisen.
Some of the other highlights include live performances from J Mascis solo and Dinosaur Jr., late night open jams and karaoke sessions.
Perhaps most interesting for folks that are in the pursuit of tone, will be the chat between the Dinosaur Jr. frontman and Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine fame. It’s not the first time they’ve collaborated either.
Both bands are of course known for the mesmeric might of their guitar tones – both famously purveyors of the Fender Jazzmaster – so any light that can be shed on their secrets is welcome news.
While your here, check out our article My Bloody Valentine’s Loveless.
- Transparent Tone: Joe Bonamassa Unveils See-Through Fender Twin American blues guitarist, Joe Bonamassa has just revealed an almost completely transparent Fender Twin guitar amp made of Lucite.
In the post made on Instagram, the amp is pictured […]
- The Big Winners in the Margaret Guthman New Instrument Competition The Margaret Guthman New Instrument Competition was recently held at the Georgia Tech School of Music. 14 finalists were invited to present their creations and perform live. The judging […]
- Fingerlab Unveils Mellowsound – the Lush, Free Mellotron App Mellowsound - a new app from developers, Fingerlab, captures the luscious tones of the archetypal psychedelic keyboard, the Mellotron. It's free to download, with in-app purchases […]
- Really Get to Know Your FM Synth with The Complete DX7 Textbook When the Yamaha DX7 first came on the scene, the analog domination of synthesis was smashed. In the negative column, however, was its difficulty to program. Helping the world to understand […]
- Moog Launches the Analog Messenger of Joy: the Sirin Synth Moog has unveiled their latest analog synth: Sirin. It's curiously subtitled "The Analog Messenger of Joy" and based on the legendary Taurus bass sound engine. It reaches well into the […]
- Check Out a Modular Rig Created from Nuclear Testing Equipment It's always fun to follow the adventures of experimental YouTuber, Hainbach. This time, he's back a unique approach to modular synthesis, using old school nuclear testing […]