In July, Dinosaur Jr is putting on Camp Fuzz. It’s a full blown rock and roll camp that will feature interviews, clinics, live performances and more. Surely one of the drawcards for the event will be a Q&A featuring My Bloody Valentine’s Kevin Shields and Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis.
Gear clinics, live performances and… financial planning? Camp Fuzz promises to be a hell of a weekend, with Kevin Shields and J Mascis chatting guitars.
Located at the Full Moon Resort, in upstate New York, Camp Fuzz treat guests to in depth clinics from on drums and guitar, with one surprise seminar being a financial planning session with comedian Fred Armisen.
Some of the other highlights include live performances from J Mascis solo and Dinosaur Jr., late night open jams and karaoke sessions.
Perhaps most interesting for folks that are in the pursuit of tone, will be the chat between the Dinosaur Jr. frontman and Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine fame. It’s not the first time they’ve collaborated either.
Both bands are of course known for the mesmeric might of their guitar tones – both famously purveyors of the Fender Jazzmaster – so any light that can be shed on their secrets is welcome news.
While your here, check out our article My Bloody Valentine’s Loveless.
- Transparent Tone: Joe Bonamassa Unveils See-Through Fender Twin American blues guitarist, Joe Bonamassa has just revealed an almost completely transparent Fender Twin guitar amp made of Lucite.
In the post made on Instagram, the amp is pictured […]
- Aphex Twin Collaborates On midimutant, A Program Which Patches Your Synth For You midimutant is a piece of equipment co-created by electronic artist Aphex Twin and FoAM, a trans-disciplinary lab which bridges the gaps between music, art, science and society.
- The Valkyrie Synth by Exodus Digital Takes Synth Textures to New Heights Musikmesse is back for 2018! With this iconic event comes a swag of innovative new gear like the Valkyrie virtual analog synth.
A synth that takes sound design to a new level: […]
- Walrus Audio Reveals Monument Harmonic Tap Tremolo V2 Walrus Audio have just launched the Monument Harmonic Tap Tremolo V2. It's smaller than the original, but packs in a host of new features.
Inspired by the jagged peaks and […]
- Fender and Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien Collaborate on a New Stratocaster Radiohead guitarist Ed O'Brien and Fender have teamed up to deliver the EOB Sustainer Stratocaster.
Need a Strat that has sustain for days? Check out the EOB Sustainer […]
- In Praise of the AKAI MPC: a Hip-Hop Time Machine In its youth, hip hop was fundamentally street music, formed at block parties in New York City in the 1970s, where all you needed was a beat. Creating a dance track meant looping small […]