Apple’s MacBook Pro has long been a go to for music producers in the studio and on the go. Now the tech monolith has debuted the latest range with first ever eight core version of the laptop.
A staple of the DAW based studio, Apple’s MacBook Pro has been a hub of many a production. Now they’ve released their first eight core version, ready to handle even bigger sessions.
The top of the range 15-inch version comes fitted with a ninth generation Intel Core i9, octo-core CPU, with 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. And if that blizzard of acronyms doesn’t mean anything to you – let’s just say, the thing is fast. And powerful.
Having more CPU cores means that software can run more efficiently (depending on the software you’re using, of course). Meaning that you can load up sessions with more plugins and virtual instruments, operating at lightning speed, with less risk of lagging or crashing.
Check out the Apple website for more details.
- Animal Sex and Psychoacoustics: The Origins of 5 Iconic Film, TV and Video Game Sounds and Soundtracks If your housemates dislike you because you scream-sing the intro to every episode of your favourite series, or you find yourself wincing at the squelch of someone being slowly shanked by a […]
- Cracked Logic and Working From Bed: Going Against The Grain With Buzz Kull Marc Dwyer is Sydney's darkwave prince. The man behind Buzz Kull, he has been lurking around for a number of years now, releasing his own music, collaborating with other artists and […]
- IK Multimedia Announces Syntronik, Featuring The Sounds Of 38 Vintage Synthesisers IK Multimedia have just announced a new software synthesiser that features classic 17 instruments with over 2,000 preset sounds. Syntronik combines samples from 38 vintage synths with a […]
- Chase Bliss Audio Announces Preamp MKII Pedal Boutique pedal makers, Chase Bliss Audio have just announced the Preamp MKII pedal. It's to be the first in a line of Automotone devices, which feature robotic controls.
It's a […]
- Dave Davies’ Gibson Flying V up for Auction If you, like many of us, are a fan of The Kinks then this might just tickle your fancy. Dave Davies' infamous Gibson Flying V is going up for sale - the very model he was seen playing […]
- Behringer Announce Legendary Synth Developer to Join Team Not long after announcing their KORG MS-20 clone, the K-2, Behringer have revealed that renowned synth developer Hiroaki Nishijima will be joining their team.
The announcement is timely […]