David Gilmour, singer, songwriter and guitar demigod of Pink Floyd fame is releasing a series of three podcasts, spilling the beans on his favourite axes. It comes ahead of the June auction of 120 of his guitars.
Pink Floyd legend, David Gilmour is releasing a three part podcast series, discussing his choice guitars – to be published ahead of his 120-strong auction of his prized collection.
The first episode tells the story of the one and only Black Strat. This was the guitar that accompanied Gilmour on most of his career highlights, including the solo for Comfortably Numb.
Episode two will feature a demo and discussion on two Martin acoustics, which were immortalised on Wish You Were Here.
The third instalment covers the frontman’s 1954 white Stratocaster. It brandished with the 0001 serial number, plus it was also owned by another iconic figure, Seymour Duncan.
Click here for further details on the podcast.
- More Than 120 of David Gilmour’s Guitars are Going Up for Auction Pink Floyd singer and guitarist, David Gilmour, will be auctioning off more than 120 guitars. The sale includes his famous black Fender Stratocaster, with all proceeds going to […]
- Touch David Gilmour’s Guitars… In VR! There are only days until 120 of David Gilmour's guitars go under that hammer, including his infamous Black Strat. For now, however, they are on display in New York, and thanks to auction […]
- David Gilmour Details His Life In Guitars As David Gilmour prepares to say goodbye to 120 guitars used over his career, he gave an interview with auction house Christie's detailing his life in guitars.
Amongst the snippets of […]
- Electro-Harmonix Have Released Their Beefed Up Grand Canyon Delay & Looper Early last year, Electro-Harmonix released a brand new compact delay and looper pedal, the Canyon, which was quickly picked up as one of the finest new delays at its price range on the […]
- Fender Unveils the Player Series of Electric Guitars and Basses Fender has announced a new line of 21 guitars and basses called the Player Series, which will replace the Standard Series, adding updates for a new generation.
For so long the […]
- Russell Crowe is Set to Say Goodbye to a Swag of Rare Guitars Movie star and guitar aficionado, Russell Crowe, is about to put a range of rare vintage guitars under the hammer. If you're in Sydney and have decidedly deep pockets, you could get […]