David Gilmour, singer, songwriter and guitar demigod of Pink Floyd fame is releasing a series of three podcasts, spilling the beans on his favourite axes. It comes ahead of the June auction of 120 of his guitars.
Pink Floyd legend, David Gilmour is releasing a three part podcast series, discussing his choice guitars – to be published ahead of his 120-strong auction of his prized collection.
The first episode tells the story of the one and only Black Strat. This was the guitar that accompanied Gilmour on most of his career highlights, including the solo for Comfortably Numb.
Episode two will feature a demo and discussion on two Martin acoustics, which were immortalised on Wish You Were Here.
The third instalment covers the frontman’s 1954 white Stratocaster. It brandished with the 0001 serial number, plus it was also owned by another iconic figure, Seymour Duncan.
Click here for further details on the podcast.
- More Than 120 of David Gilmour’s Guitars are Going Up for Auction Pink Floyd singer and guitarist, David Gilmour, will be auctioning off more than 120 guitars. The sale includes his famous black Fender Stratocaster, with all proceeds going to […]
- Blues Legend B.B. King’s “Lucille” is Going Up for Auction A select few artists ever make it to the pinnacle of their art. The late B.B. King is surely one of them. His exploits throughout his career - which spanned many decades - have earned […]
- David Gilmour’s Black Strat Sold for a World Record $3.9 Million Well, we knew it was going to go well. But this well? David Gilmour's Black Strat now wears the crown as the world's most expensive six string. It was sold at auction for $3.975 million […]
- Touch David Gilmour’s Guitars… In VR! There are only days until 120 of David Gilmour's guitars go under that hammer, including his infamous Black Strat. For now, however, they are on display in New York, and thanks to auction […]
- Listen to the First Techno Album Made Entirely by Robots Moritz Simon Geist has just released a techno record made entirely by robots. The builder and musician released the four-track EP on October 12, with the full album to follow in […]
- Audiomodern’s FWRD Pack Offers Free Porsche 911 Samples When you're in need of samples for a new production a Porsche is probably not your first thought. It probably wouldn't even be your 50th thought, but bear with me. Sound designer Stefan […]