Rock deity Eric Clapton, in collaboration with Gibson, have given us give us the 1964 Firebird I Reissue. Clapton’s 1964 original made its iconic appearance at Cream’s famous last show on November 26 1968. He has always considered the Gibson Firebird special, recalling that “It was a Cream show in Philadelphia [featuring the Firebird] and it was one of the greatest gigs I ever played.”
This reissue limited run of only 100. 50 of which will be available exclusively through Guitar Centre and the other half through selected Gibson dealers. Consequently, this firey fowl will be coming in hot when it launches in time with this year’s Crossroads Guitar Festival.
Relive a slice of history with the Eric Clapton Firebird Reissue. A sure-fire favourite to feature at the Crossroads Guitar Festival this September.
The Custom Shop model is fitted with a single Alnico V Firebird pickup and authentically constructed using methods scanned from vintage 1694 Firebirds. Features include a C-profile neck, a Lightning Bar wraparound bridge, and stylish Deluxe Banjo tuners.
The vintage sunburst finish and rosewood fingerboard make it as though you’re playing onstage alongside Cream themselves. A replica Slowhand’s album strap and signed backplate are some of the juicy extras you’ll find inside the custom case.
For more information on the Eric Clapton Firebird I, visit Gibson here.
- Flower Pedals Launches the Dandelion Tremolo V2 Boutique manufacturer Flower Pedals have revealed the latest in the range - the Dandelion Tremolo V2. It begins with the sound that you might expect, but ends with something much […]
- The Standing Grand – A Lightweight, Portable Grand Piano From British pianist and inventor, Sarah Nicolls comes The Standing Grand - an exciting new vision for the future of the grand old instrument.
As a contemporary pianist, Sarah often […]
- Programming Announced for Moogfest 2019 Moogfest has announced a host of new performances and programs for the 15th anniversary of their annual festival. Moogfest 2019 will be held in Durham, N.C. from April 25th to the 28th and […]
- Play a Modular Synth in Virtual Reality With ‘Synthmulator’ The crazy world of virtual reality, a place where you can live out your wildest dreams, taking on extreme sports, exploring the world and now... tinkering with a modular synthesiser. […]
- Fidelice Brings the Sound of Neve to Your Living Room It seems inconceivable, but if you haven't had a background in audio, the name Neve might not ring any bells. So, if you haven't heard of Rupert Neve - he's kind of a big deal of a big […]
- Rode Releases Wireless GO, the World’s Smallest Wireless Microphone System RODE's new Wireless Go is a super compact multi-purpose mic system perfect for those with active recording needs. RODE claims it's the smallest in the world for its class and at 31g that's […]