Rock deity Eric Clapton, in collaboration with Gibson, have given us give us the 1964 Firebird I Reissue. Clapton’s 1964 original made its iconic appearance at Cream’s famous last show on November 26 1968. He has always considered the Gibson Firebird special, recalling that “It was a Cream show in Philadelphia [featuring the Firebird] and it was one of the greatest gigs I ever played.”
This reissue limited run of only 100. 50 of which will be available exclusively through Guitar Centre and the other half through selected Gibson dealers. Consequently, this firey fowl will be coming in hot when it launches in time with this year’s Crossroads Guitar Festival.
Relive a slice of history with the Eric Clapton Firebird Reissue. A sure-fire favourite to feature at the Crossroads Guitar Festival this September.
The Custom Shop model is fitted with a single Alnico V Firebird pickup and authentically constructed using methods scanned from vintage 1694 Firebirds. Features include a C-profile neck, a Lightning Bar wraparound bridge, and stylish Deluxe Banjo tuners.
The vintage sunburst finish and rosewood fingerboard make it as though you’re playing onstage alongside Cream themselves. A replica Slowhand’s album strap and signed backplate are some of the juicy extras you’ll find inside the custom case.
For more information on the Eric Clapton Firebird I, visit Gibson here.
- 4 Ideas For Conquering The Blank Canvas In Ableton Live Sometimes the hardest part of any production or creation can be, "where do I start"? Sometimes you sit down and the magic just happens. But sometimes you just need a little idea to help […]
- Mark Verbos Reflects on Designing Modular Synths Mark Verbos, one the world's eminent modular synth creators has shared his thoughts, and demonstrated one of his rigs, in a video from Red Bull Music Academy.
Modular legend […]
- Engineering the Sound: Sleater-Kinney’s ‘The Woods’ “We [were] sick of people feeling they know who we are and what we’re capable of” - guitarist/vocalist of Sleater-Kinney, Carrie Brownstein.
The seventh album from Sleater-Kinney, The […]
- Limitless Tone Control: Chase Bliss Announce The Condor Analog EQ/Pre/Filter Pedal The team at Chase Bliss Audio has just revealed their newest creation, the Condor EQ, preamp and filter.
Chase Bliss Audio's Condor stompbox gives channel strip level control […]
- Morifone Guitars Releases the Quarzo Standard Electric Guitar Morifone has just unveiled the Quarzo Standard electric guitar. It wears its influences on its sleeve, but is striking enough to carve out its own path.
The Quarzo Standard is the latest […]
- Millstap is the Closest Thing to Hendrix You Will Hear Anywhere
I'm not kidding.
A YouTuber and tone aficionado by the name of Millstap has spent the last 10 years making videos documenting the tone, setup and effects of Hendrix and stylistically […]