A factory that has been producing counterfeit pro audio equipment has been raided in Enping City, China. They’ve made fake versions of Harman, Sennheiser, Shure and Yamaha gear.
Ever spotted a fake? A factory in China has been busted making counterfeit audio gear. They’ve copied the likes of Shure, Yamaha, Harman and Sennheiser.
The gear that has been captured included microphones, consoles, amplifiers and other processors.
And although they’re competitors in the pro audio space, the four aforementioned brands are teaming up to legally go after the directors of the company responsible, Soundpu.
So be careful to inspect closely when buying second hand! If possible, it’s best to source your products from authorised dealers.
[Via ProSound Network].
- The MPA Platform Puts Custom Audio Gear Within Reach Make Pro Audio has announced the MPA Platform. It's a system that allows you to custom make connections between pieces of audio that you build yourself.
Make Pro Audio's MPA […]
- Uli Behringer Announces Price Drops Across Entire Range In recent weeks, Behringer has announced via forum posts and their Facebook page a variety of deals and price drops across their range.
These discounts come after a recent move to a […]
- Watch as the Secrets of the Terminator 2 OST are Revealed Youtuber and synthesist extraordinaire, Alex Ball, has created a documentary outlining gear and techniques behind the Terminator 2 soundtrack. It's a fascinating insight into compositional […]
- Gibson Encourages Players to Report Fake Guitars Gibson is hot on copyright infringement at the moment, threatening to sue guitar builders making counterfeit versions of their products.
In the latest development, there is now a form […]
- Check Out a Modular Rig Created from Nuclear Testing Equipment It's always fun to follow the adventures of experimental YouTuber, Hainbach. This time, he's back a unique approach to modular synthesis, using old school nuclear testing […]
- Podcasting Essentials: the RØDECaster Pro, Pod Mic and Wireless GO There’s no denying the splash that podcasting has made in the media landscape in recent years. Yes, people have been telling their stories on the radio for a century now, but podcasting […]