Chandler has just increased their stable of Abbey Road flavoured products with the TG Microphone. It’s a large diaphragm condenser that dishes up the flavour of the TG 12410 mastering console.
The TG Microphone from Chandler Limited is saturated in the soul of Abbey Road. This innovative condenser takes on the flavour of the TG 12410 mastering console.
The unique TG sonic signature is delivered by the onboard “Tape Equalizer” – a piece of DNA shared with the aforementioned mastering desk. This allows engineers to sculpt the sound at the source and adding to its versatility.
Another notable feature is the “Dual Tone System.” Chandler say that, “System ‘A’ is characteristically TG mid forward and more open, while system ‘B’ is capable of taking extreme SPLs.”
The TG Microphone also has its own power supply unit, so it doesn’t rely on phantom power. According to Chandler’s chief designer, Wade Goeke, “Using an external PSU has allowed us to bypass what we consider all the drawbacks of a solid-state mic design and deliver a microphone that can compete with any topology.”
Head over to the Chandler website for more information.
- Excellence on All Fronts: A Brief History of the AKG C414 There are many pieces of studio gear that fit the "workhorse" title. In some cases, it feels like a badge of honour, in others, it seems an altogether too unglamorous label. A case for the […]
- Strymon Reveals the New Volante Magnetic Echo Machine Anyone who knows Strymon knows that their pedals are the Rolls Royce of stomp boxes, so when they announce a new delay, it’s a bit of a big deal. And as far as delay pedals go, the Volante […]
- Maxon Announces 40th Anniversary OD808 Overdrive In 1979 a Japanese electronics engineer by the name of Susumu Tamura created an overdrive that was set to compete with the current ringleader, the Boss OD-1. In doing so, he created one of […]
- Inside The Songbirds Guitar Museum’s Phenomenal Guitar Collection Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first […]
- The Big Winners in the Margaret Guthman New Instrument Competition The Margaret Guthman New Instrument Competition was recently held at the Georgia Tech School of Music. 14 finalists were invited to present their creations and perform live. The judging […]
- Moog Tease Upcoming Semi-Modular Collection With New Percussive Synth Following on from their widely-loved Mother-32, Moog have today announced Drummer From Another Mother (DFAM) the "first addition to the Mother eco-system of semi-modular analogue […]