Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios have continued their collaboration with two new 500-series modules: the TG12345 Mk IV EQ and the TG Opto compressor.
Chandler and Abbey Road have deepened their fruitful partnership with two new tasteful pieces of hardware: the TG Opto compressor and the TG12345 Mk IV EQ.
The TG12345 is a two-band EQ, therefore it tends toward a “musical” interpretation of the frequency spectrum, rather than a surgical precise one. The bass EQ features a shelving filter that can be set to 90 or 150hZ, while the top end or “presence” knob can add up to 10dB worth of bell-curve boost or cut at a selections of frequencies between 500hZ and 10khZ.
The TG Opto is a double-width unit that features continuous input and makeup gain controls, with attack and release knobs. Chandler say that the “attitude” of the compressor, however, is found in the sharp and rounded knee switch. The sharp setting is capable of yielding explosive drum sounds, the rounded knee offers up a more gentle dynamic shaping of the signal.
Best of all, with the already exisiting TG2 500 preamp, you can built an affordable version of TG channel strip with the addition of the these two units.
Visit Chandler Limited for more information.
- The Retro Revolver Dual-Channel Tube Compressor Unlocks the Magic of the Beatles Era The Retro Revolver from Retro Instruments is a dual-channel tube based compressor is a modern take on the EMI modded Altec 436 compressor (then rechristened the RS124), which was made […]
- UK Sound Launches the 276 Dual-Channel Compressor UK Sound, a subsidiary of BAE, has launched the 276 dual-channel mono compressor. If you haven't guessed by the name, it's inspired by one of the giants of the art.
The 276 […]
- The Empirical Labs Distressor: A Modern Master of Dynamics The classic image of the studio involves bar-fridge sized racks, crammed with outboard gear, with the expensive front panels looking up to greet you, inviting you to patch them in. There's […]
- Meet the SiX Compact Mixer: An SSL for Your Desktop SSL have long been industry leader in studio recording; definitively associated with high end professional craft. As such, they come with hefty price tags.
With the advent of the SiX […]
- Monitors for the Masses: Mackie MR Series Loudspeakers Studio and live gear mainstays Mackie have announced the MR series of powered monitors.
Mackie's new range of monitors has something for everyone: from intimate nearfields to […]
- Heritage Audio Announces the HA-73 EQX2 Elite Preamp and EQ Heritage Audio has just released the HA-73 EQX2 dual channel preamp and EQ. Their mission is to revitalise the "Golden Age" of recording, therefore, they're paying tribute to the immortal […]