Native Instruments have just released Byte Riot, an expansion of their Maschine hardware, giving users access to a library of chiptune and 8-bit sounds.
Hungry to inject some 8-bit nostalgia into your next project? The Native Instruments Maschine expansion Byte Riot might be for you.
Far from just blips and beeps, Byte Riot offers up a serious amount of sonic variety in the form arpeggiators, distorted leads and drum samples. Byte Riot was created by Ivo Ivanov and Alex Retsis who are the brains behind the sound design outfit, Glitchmachines.
Retsis and Ivanov used modified, old school game consoles like Nintendo Game Boys, Sega Mega Drives and SID chips from the Commodore 64 to record the samples. They’ve also included MIDI patterns based on arcade games to get you up and running quickly.
The expansion is also packed with 43 drum synth patches and presets for the NI’s Massive and Monark synth and will set you back $79.
To find out more, visit the Byte Riot website.
- 8-bit Game Boy Sounds Galore: Super Audio Boy for Kontakt Is Now Free Yep, chiptune is pretty addictive, so why not get it for free? Impact Soundworks has generously offered Super Audio Boy - a Kontakt instrument that has faithfully sampled the original […]
- Native Instruments Launch Enormous, Subscription-Based Sample Database Depending on your style, the act of hunting for samples might be your supreme happy place or a pit of despair. The sources to rip samples from are as numerous as the samples themselves, […]
- Arca Creates the Bootup Music for Mega Sg Gaming Console Arca, the Venezuelan electronic artist and producer who's worked with Bjork, Frank Ocean and Kanye West among others, has created the startup music for Mega Sg gaming […]
- Isotonik Creates A Suite Of Arcade-Inspired Ableton Live Plugins Including Pac-Man And Asteroids Some naysayers out there would argue that Ableton Live plugins are getting out of hand. I'm not one of those naysayers. Of course I want arcade games on my launchpad, why the hell wouldn't […]
- AudioThing Unveils the 80s Inspired miniVerb Plugin AudioThing's miniVerb is a new plugin dedicated to the lofi reverb sounds of vintage games consoles and retro computers of the 80s and 90s.
The miniVerb plugin from AudioThing […]
- Watch YouTuber Rob Scallon Demo the ‘Guitendo’ It's time to scratch up on the Super Mario Theme, because you can now buy a guitar that doubles up as a functioning Nintendo console, courtesy of the Echo Canyon Guitar Company. YouTube […]