Native Instruments have just released Byte Riot, an expansion of their Maschine hardware, giving users access to a library of chiptune and 8-bit sounds.
Hungry to inject some 8-bit nostalgia into your next project? The Native Instruments Maschine expansion Byte Riot might be for you.
Far from just blips and beeps, Byte Riot offers up a serious amount of sonic variety in the form arpeggiators, distorted leads and drum samples. Byte Riot was created by Ivo Ivanov and Alex Retsis who are the brains behind the sound design outfit, Glitchmachines.
Retsis and Ivanov used modified, old school game consoles like Nintendo Game Boys, Sega Mega Drives and SID chips from the Commodore 64 to record the samples. They’ve also included MIDI patterns based on arcade games to get you up and running quickly.
The expansion is also packed with 43 drum synth patches and presets for the NI’s Massive and Monark synth and will set you back $79.
To find out more, visit the Byte Riot website.
- 8-bit Game Boy Sounds Galore: Super Audio Boy for Kontakt Is Now Free Yep, chiptune is pretty addictive, so why not get it for free? Impact Soundworks has generously offered Super Audio Boy - a Kontakt instrument that has faithfully sampled the original […]
- Native Instruments Unveils the Straylight Soft Synth Straylight is the latest software synth from Native Instruments. It's a granular based virtual instrument that is aimed squarely at sound designers and media composers.
If you need to […]
- Native Instruments Unveils Super 8 Virtual Analog Synth Native Instruments has launched the Super 8 virtual synth. It's their take on the analog polysynth classics, designed to give you lush pads, thick basses and soaring […]
- Native Instruments Releases the Free Traktor DJ 2 App Native Instruments have just unveiled the Traktor DJ 2 app. It's compatible with desktop and iPad, integrates with SoundCloud Go and free to download.
Traktor 2 is the latest DJ app […]
- Native Instruments Launch Enormous, Subscription-Based Sample Database Depending on your style, the act of hunting for samples might be your supreme happy place or a pit of despair. The sources to rip samples from are as numerous as the samples themselves, […]
- Arca Creates the Bootup Music for Mega Sg Gaming Console Arca, the Venezuelan electronic artist and producer who's worked with Bjork, Frank Ocean and Kanye West among others, has created the startup music for Mega Sg gaming […]